It’s time to start scrutinizing Barack Obama’s words and pick the week’s biggest clunker as the Obamateurism of the Week! Unlike some award ceremonies, this one’s out in the open, although we’re not expecting the President to stick around long enough to accept it — but if he was, I’m sure it would shake things up at the White House.
Previous 2011 “winners”:
- Obama tells group that there is a “subterranean” racially-based agenda in opposition to his presidency
- Ferry for Americans in Libya comes three days late — and with a bill for passengers
- WH says Obama not addressing Libya because of “scheduling issue“
- After saying he hadn’t followed the Wisconsin issue, says Walker’s plan “seems like more of an assault on unions.”
- Businesses have “obligation” to create jobs and “pay decent wages”
- After losing verdict on first ever federal mandate to purchase private-sector product, accuses judge of “overreach”
- Obama bogarts Newt Gingrich’s book title for his “Winning the Future” SOTU speech
- 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner holds state dinner for man who has 2010 winner under house arrest
- After telling Boehner and McConnell that “there will be plenty of time to campaign for 2012 in 2012,”announces March start to re-election bid
- “I really want to figure out a way where I can spend more time outside of Washington listening and learning and engaging the American people.”
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at[email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!