Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?
posted at 9:00 am on March 13, 2011 by Ed Morrissey
We’re halfway through the weekend, or maybe even halfway through the last half of it, so it must be time to pick the Obamateurism of the Week! Sometimes it gets tough to manage these, but it helps to do it on the down-low. No matter how weak any of these five candidates may be for the OOTW, we know one thing: every one of them will get more than 14 votes.
Note: Just a reminder to readers that this poll is based on specific OOTD entries from the past week. One Obama flub from Friday will get an OOTD mention tomorrow and be in next week’s poll.
Previous 2011 “winners”:
- Ferry for Americans in Libya comes three days late — and with a bill for passengers
- WH says Obama not addressing Libya because of “scheduling issue“
- After saying he hadn’t followed the Wisconsin issue, says Walker’s plan “seems like more of an assault on unions.”
- Businesses have “obligation” to create jobs and “pay decent wages”
- After losing verdict on first ever federal mandate to purchase private-sector product, accuses judge of “overreach”
- Obama bogarts Newt Gingrich’s book title for his “Winning the Future” SOTU speech
- 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner holds state dinner for man who has 2010 winner under house arrest
- After telling Boehner and McConnell that “there will be plenty of time to campaign for 2012 in 2012,”announces March start to re-election bid
- “I really want to figure out a way where I can spend more time outside of Washington listening and learning and engaging the American people.”
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at[email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!