Time to get your [expletive] together and pick the Obamateurism of the Week! Invest some time in your choice. If it’s too tough, just take one for the Gipper, or something. Don’t use a scalpel or a machete analogy, though, unless you want to get accused of inciting assault. Only liberals are allowed to do that.
Previous 2011 “winners”:
- Businesses have “obligation” to create jobs and “pay decent wages”
- After losing verdict on first ever federal mandate to purchase private-sector product, accuses judge of “overreach”
- Obama bogarts Newt Gingrich’s book title for his “Winning the Future” SOTU speech
- 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner holds state dinner for man who has 2010 winner under house arrest
- After telling Boehner and McConnell that “there will be plenty of time to campaign for 2012 in 2012,”announces March start to re-election bid
- “I really want to figure out a way where I can spend more time outside of Washington listening and learning and engaging the American people.”
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at[email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!