It’s that time again where we look everywhere for the Obamateurism of the Week, and there won’t be any phoning it in this time. You might be able to fly it in, as there seems to be a carbon-footprint exception these days, but either way it will still have the same legitimacy. Just don’t take three days to get to the poll or we’ll have to charge you to exit.
Previous 2011 “winners”:
- WH says Obama not addressing Libya because of “scheduling issue“
- After saying he hadn’t followed the Wisconsin issue, says Walker’s plan “seems like more of an assault on unions.”
- Businesses have “obligation” to create jobs and “pay decent wages”
- After losing verdict on first ever federal mandate to purchase private-sector product, accuses judge of “overreach”
- Obama bogarts Newt Gingrich’s book title for his “Winning the Future” SOTU speech
- 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner holds state dinner for man who has 2010 winner under house arrest
- After telling Boehner and McConnell that “there will be plenty of time to campaign for 2012 in 2012,”announces March start to re-election bid
- “I really want to figure out a way where I can spend more time outside of Washington listening and learning and engaging the American people.”
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at[email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!