After a whirlwind tour of New York and Washington DC, the Going Red book tour continues through the same swing states I researched for the book itself. This week, events and interviews will take place in Raleigh, North Carolina today, and in Milwaukee and Appleton, Wisconsin on Thursday and Friday. In all three locations, I’ll be signing books and talking about the lessons of Going Red, and taking questions from attendees and callers.
Today, the big event takes place at the John Locke Foundation in Raleigh as part of the Shaftsbury Society, with free admission and which starts at noon ET. An independent local bookseller, Quail Ridge Books, will have copies of Going Red for sale and for signing later. Apart from the live event, I’ll be doing plenty of media today, much of which will air later:
- Radio interview with Mitch Kokai (who is also in the book), recorded and will air later on 12 North Carolina stations
- Television interview with Time Warner Cable’s “Capital Tonight,” aired on TWC throughout the state, hosted by Tim Boyum.
- Radio interview with Donna Martinez for Curtis Media Group’s “People in Politics” show, which airs on dozens of stations in North Carolina
- Radio interview with African American Conservatives at 3 pm.
On Thursday and Friday, the scene shifts to the upper Midwest, where Right Wisconsin has partnered on events in Milwaukee and Appleton:
- Thursday, April 21, 2016
- Buck Bradley’s; 1019 Old World Third Street, Milwaukee, WI
- Doors Open at 5:00 PM. Ed’s Talk Begins at 5:30 PM.
- Friday, April 22, 2016
- Krieger Jewelry; 934 W. Northland Ave, Appleton, WI
- Ed is RightWisconsin contributor Jerry Bader’s co-host for that day’s “Jerry Bader Show.” from 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM, live on location in Appleton!
- Jerry can be heard daily on 1360AM WTAQ in Green Bay, 550AM WSAU in Wausau, and 1330AM WHBL in Sheboygan.
To get a sense of how the talks and Q&A sessions will go, here’s the one from last Thursday at the Heritage Foundation, hosted by Genvieve Wood. Hope to see readers at future talks!