Ready to select the next semifinalist for the Obamateurism of the Year? This is the last flight of OOTWs for this year, and as a bonus we have another poll to select one of the photo-finish 2nd place OOTDs from this year as a semifinalist, too. Yesterday you made a good choice in Obama’s claim of making “all the right choices” on economic policy, but we have another tough set of choices this morning, too. Be sure to cast your vote now, because both polls will get closed when the first semifinal poll gets posted!
Be prepared for a stroll down memory lane! Click on the links below to review the OOTDs in today’s poll. Here’s the last set of OOTW contestants, and this is a doozy:
- “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.”
- Tells Congress to work through the holidays, announces his 17-day Christmas vacation
- Takes long foreign tour while supercommittee fails, blames lack of leadership for result
- “But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades.’’
- Obama and Sarkozy rip Netanyahu while mics on at G-20
- State Dept distributes $70,000 in Obama-written books abroad
Next, we have the Second Chance poll — which comprises the OOTDs that finished a very close second in OOTW polling this year, trailing by less than 3%. One of these wild cards might get some reconsideration as a solid OOTY candidate, so choose carefully:
- Carney left to argue that “Leadership is NOT proposing a plan” for a vote
- Says jobs plan could “grow the economy as much as 2 percent,” but costs 3%
- The horror of self-reliance
- Says “Here in Asia” while in Hawaii
- Says he won’t use scare tactics, 2 weeks later says Social Security checks may not go out
- White House contest for high schools to get Obama visit only draws 14 applicants
- “For some trips, it will be faster than flying –- without the pat-down.”
- Obama calls Eagles owner to congratulate him on giving Michael Vick an opportunity for rehabilitation
Tomorrow morning — the first semifinal!
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!