As coronavirus cases continue to rise in the U.S., a growing percentage of Americans are practicing strict social distancing. Half of Americans now say they are completely (16%) or mostly (34%) isolating themselves from people outside their household. The combined 50% is up from 38% in the previous poll and the highest it has been since May.

Yet, the latest reading is well below the peak in social distancing that came in late March and early April — three-quarters of Americans were completely or mostly isolating themselves when many states had issued stay-at-home orders…

Democrats (66%), college graduates (59%), and those who are not working (58%) are the groups most likely to say they are completely or mostly isolating themselves from others. Republicans (32%) continue to be least likely to say this.