Time to pick the Obamateurism of the week, and we have a full slate of choice Obamateurisms from which to choose. Fill in the dot on the right — er, the left — corresponding to your choice. If you can’t be resolution — er, resolute — in your choice, well, that’s understandable. You could always ask for some help from the government; after all, look how well that worked for GM! After hearing the speech in Cairo, though, your mind should already be clear, and your local tyranny on the run. If you still can’t make a decision, get a few of your closest allies together, and then refuse to show up in order to show solidarity with unions instead. Trust Obama — that works wonders!
- Flashing his soles to the camera while talking to Netanyahu
- “If you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”
- “We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem.”
- Siccing Tim Geithner and Charlie Rangel on tax cheats
- Phony Churchill quote on torture throws Grandpa under the bus
- Torture probe flip-flop
- Obama covers up IHS while quoting Jesus
- Austrian is a language?
- Obama bows to the Saudi king
- 1908 Model T got better gas mileage than today’s SUVs
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!