It’s a holiday weekend, and the Sunday talk shows have a little something for everyone … emphasis on the little. Want updates on the presidential election? Martha Raddatz’ embed with Mayor Pete on ABC’s This Week is the best you’ll get — otherwise, you’ll have to settle for Betomania on CBS’ Face the Nation, Eric Swalwell on Fox News Sunday, or (heaven help you) Bill de Blasio on a Tapper-less State of the Union on CNN. Today’s not exactly bringing on the game changers, IYKWIMAITYD.
How about some policy discussion? ABC and CBS are likely your best bets today. FTN will have discussions about Saudi arms policy with Sen. Ron Johnson and the impact of the trade war on the ag sector with Jon Tester. On TW, Martha McSally talks about her new bill on sexual assault in the military (which Joni Ernst might discuss on SOTU, too). Otherwise, this is looking like a policy desert.
And that’s because — as usual — the main focus will be on the Trump administration and its various fights with Congress. NBC will have press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on to directly confront it, while Lindsey Graham will show up on Fox to extend and revise his remarks on declassification of Operation Crossfire Hurricane documents and testimony. Will Hurd will discuss that on CBS too, and the topic’s likely to dominate the panel discussions. Meanwhile on NBC, we can probably count on a lot of talk about impeachment from Hakeem Jeffries and Rashida Tlaib, and probably from Swalwell and de Blasio on their respective appearances elsewhere. Plus, CNN will have Justice Democrats exec-director Alexandra Rojas on their panel, so stand by for a little crazy, too.
If you’re panel shopping today, though, be sure to stop by Face the Nation, which has our friend Salena Zito on board. That could be your best bet for a little sanity today.
- ABC’s This Week — Martha Raddatz on the Pete Buttigieg campaign trail; Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) and Sen Martha McSally (R-AZ) ; roundtable with Alex Castellanos, Matthew Dowd, Mary-Alice Parks, Julie Pace.
- CBS’ Face the Nation — Beto O’Rourke; Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX); Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI); Sen Jon Tester (D-MT); roundtable with Salena Zito, Joel Payne, Molly Ball.
- CNN’s State of the Union — Dana Bash steps in for Jake Tapper with Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA); Mayor Bill de Blasio (D-NY); roundtable with Scott Jennings, Bakari Sellers, Kristen Soltis Anderson, Alexandra Rojas.
- Fox News Sunday — Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC); Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA); roundtable with Jonah Goldberg, Liz Marlantes, Gillian Turner, Peter Baker.
- NBC’s Meet the Press — Sarah Huckabee Sanders; Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY); Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI); roundtable with Yamiche Alcindor, Doris Kearns Goodwin, David Maraniss, former Gov. Pat McCrory (R-NC).
Once again, thanks to the Orlando Sentinel’s Hal Boedecker for some of the above data, since CNN and NBC still refuse to promote their own lineups on the websites dedicated to these shows, for some reason.