Time to pick the next semifinalist in the year-ending Obamateurism of the Year polling! In seven previous opening rounds, we’ve selected the most memorable Barack Obama gaffes from our list of Obamateurisms of the Week, and yesterday’s was almost as close an outcome as the separate flights that the President and First Lady took to Martha’s Vineyard this summer. (Does this mean that Obama’s not getting any love from Hot Air readers?) Don’t expect the choices to get any easier today, and be sure to cast your vote now, because each poll will get closed when the next poll gets posted!
Be prepared for a stroll down memory lane! Click on the links below to review the OOTDs in today’s poll:
- Claims he’s made “all right choices” on economy, adviser disagrees
- “You can go ahead and clap. Go ahead, nothing wrong with it.”
- Wonders who believes reducing regulation will create jobs after his own jobs-council chair says it will
- Obama reads own book and shows cartoon of himself to pre-schoolers
- “If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew, uh, as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class…”
- Obama waves during UN photo session, covering up face of Mongolian leader
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!