Did we all have a merry Christmas, and did Santa bring us all some lovely gifts? Then let’s return to the lovely gifts that our President has given us this year and select the next semifinalist for the Obamateurism of the Year. On Christmas Eve, voters selected Barack Obama’s declaration that “When I said, “change we can believe in,” I didn’t say “change we can believe in tomorrow” as the first selection to the second semifinal round. It won’t get easier to choose today, either — so be sure to cast your vote now, because each poll will get closed when the next poll gets posted!
Be prepared for a stroll down memory lane! Click on the links below to review the OOTDs in today’s poll:
- “But if you love me, you’ve got to help me pass this bill!”
- Demands joint session to compete with GOP debate, forced to back down
- President & First Lady take separate jets to Martha’s Vineyard 4 hours apart
- Says “I want to sell goods all over the world that are stamped with three words: ‘Made in America’” … from Canadian bus
- Rails against “big money flooding the airwaves” in politics … at a $35,800 per person fundraiser
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!