Fox News’ Bret Baier dropped a bomb last night after confirming details of multiple FBI investigations into the various dealings of the Clinton Foundation as well as Hillary Clinton’s use of an unauthorized, non-secure, private email server for her official, government work as Secretary of State.
On Special Report, Baier reported that two separate sources “with intimate knowledge of the FBI investigations” had revealed details of the multiple investigations and the thumbnail of those revelations are pretty huge:
- Sources confirm that emails were discovered on Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin’s laptop that are believed to have originated from Hillary’s home-brew server. The emails are not duplicates, which mean they had not been turned over during the original FBI investigation, and they may contain classified information.
- Additionally, sources confirmed that “it was a 99% accuracy” that Hillary’s server had been hacked by “at least five foreign intelligence agencies” and information had been retrieved by those foreign entities
- Baier learned from his sources that the investigation into the Clinton Foundation and “pay-for-play” allegations is much more expansive than previously revealed and has been active for over a year.
- Furthermore, an indictment is “likely” in the Foundation investigation, as long as the Obama Justice Department (or, potentially a Clinton Justice Department) doesn’t intervene.
- Contrary to the reported immunity deal with Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson that dictated their laptops were to be destroyed, the laptops are still intact and are currently being probed
- Many witnesses have already been interviewed twice and some will be interviewed a third time as the “avalanche” of evidence continues to pour in
We talked to two separate sources with intimate knowledge of the FBI investigations.
One: The Clinton Foundation investigation is far more expansive than anybody has reported so far… Several offices separately have been doing their own investigations.
Two: The immunity deal that Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson, two top aides to Hillary Clinton, got from the Justice Department in which it was believed that the laptops they had, after a narrow review for classified materials, were going to be destroyed. We have been told that those have not been destroyed — they are at the FBI field office here on Washington and are being exploited. .
Three: The Clinton Foundation investigation is so expansive, they have interviewed and re-interviewed many people. They described the evidence they have as ‘a lot of it’ and said there is an ‘avalanche coming in every day’ via WikiLeaks and the new emails.
They are “actively and aggressively pursuing this case.” Remember the Foundation case is about accusations of pay-for-play… They are taking the new information and some of them are going back to interview people for the third time. As opposed to what has been written about the Clinton Foundation investigation, it is expansive.
The classified e-mail investigation is being run by the National Security division of the FBI. They are currently combing through Anthony Weiner’s laptop. They are having some success — finding what they believe to be new emails, not duplicates, that have been transported through Hillary Clinton’s server.
Finally, we learned there is a confidence from these sources that her server had been hacked. And that it was a 99% accuracy that it had been hacked by at least five foreign intelligence agencies, and that things had been taken from that…
There has been some angst about Attorney General Loretta Lynch — what she has done or not done. She obviously did not impanel, or go to a grand jury at the beginning. They also have a problem, these sources do, with what President Obama said today and back in October of 2015…
I pressed again and again on this very issue… The investigations will continue, there is a lot of evidence. And barring some obstruction in some way, they believe they will continue to likely an indictment.
It appears the Clinton Foundation investigation is the major focus for the FBI according to Baier’s reporting and that meshes with the opinion of former US Attorney Andrew McCarthy.
I interviewed McCarthy on WMAL in Washington DC this week and he told me the Clinton Foundation could easily be investigated using racketeering laws like RICO (The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act:)