Antifa rally in Portland results in vandalism, three arrests

There was a KKK rally scheduled to take place in Portland Saturday but the organizer canceled it before it even began. Despite this, antifa held a large counter-rally. That rally stated out without incident but over time some members of the group began harassing people and also vandalized a war memorial. Here’s the description from the Portland police:

While the rally was being held and was peaceful, Portland Police officers stayed away. However, some people in the group began acting in a violent, threatening manner against attendees who were legally capturing photos and videos. Officers responded to address specific criminal acts.

Metal-tipped umbrellas were used to jab toward people and chase them down the street, and objects (including rocks, concrete, batons, cans, and food) were thrown at community members and police. There has also been vandalism, including spray paint on walls and a war memorial (photos). At least two incendiary devices (believed to be flares) were thrown into the street while vehicular traffic was driving by.

Here’s what it looked like:

Antifa were eager to chase away live-streamers and anyone taking photos of the gathering. They are worried about being ID’d despite the masks:

More harassment of a live-streamer. Some NSFW language in these clip:

The woman in the pink skirt claimed she was just trying to keep people calm but got shoved into the street:

As is always the case, one of the main targets of antifa’s ire was the police. Remember this started as an anti-KKK rally but ultimately most of the energy is directed into shouting at police and anti-police vandalism.

There were three arrests in all, here’s one of them. In the clip below you can see the vandalism of a war memorial with anti-police slogans:

Here’s a local news report with some additional video of the day’s events.

Finally, since we’re discussing antifa in Portland, here’s a recent interview with reporter Andy Ngo in which he discusses the pro-antifa bar Cider Riot. The owner decided to sell the business last year after a report critical of his actions was released by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission: