1) Murkowski to vote yes to confirm Barrett. Murkowski even said, just hours before Ginsburg died in September that it wasn’t proper to fill the seat this close to the election. Reiterated that position this week. But now says she had to judge Barrett on her own merits.
2) Today Murkowski says “I oppose the process that led us to this point, but I do not hold it against her.”
Murkowski says she will against cutting off the filibuster on Barrett’s nomination tomorrow. But will vote yes to confirm Barrett Monday night.
3) Murkowski will ultimately have a rather tortuted track record when it comes to the last two Supreme Court nominees.
4) Moreover, Murkowski opposed Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in 2018..but wound up voting “present.” This was what’s known in the Senate as a “paired vote.”
5) Murkowski paired her vote with Sen. Steve Daines (R-MT) who was absent during the Kavanaugh confirmation vote but would have voted yes. So, the votes effectively canceled out each other.