Moldy pizza, chicken with metal pieces turn up in NYC school cafeterias

The safety of the food served to 1.1 million New York City public school students was on the front burner Tuesday night.

Pizza and chicken have been pulled from school cafeterias because of contamination such as nails found inside chicken fingers. And this was not an isolated incident.

CBS2 Political Reporter Marcia Kramer was demanding answers Tuesday.

Students at Stuyvesant High School, 345 Chambers St., were ordering lunch at a nearby deli Tuesday because, they said, the cafeteria food was a little funky.