The countdown to the most-viewed posts in 2015 continues today with the next set of ten top Hot Air articles from the past year. Capturing the 21t-30th slots are a variety of topics, from the Vatican to Jordan, taxes and bureaucrats, amnesty and faux generosity, and one of two mass shootings that worked their way into the top 50. Plus, we’re delighted to see Joe Biden make an appearance by being … Joe Biden.
These were the days, my friends:
- #30: Planned Parenthood responds: Nucatola’s just talking about reimbursements!; Update: Jindal orders LA probe, halt to PP license; Update: Unedited 3-hour video added (75,384 page views) – The Center for Medical Progress managed to upend Planned Parenthood’s carefully cultivated media narrative. The media responded by declaring the undercover videos “heavily edited,” to which CMP responded by providing all of the raw footage. These days the media just calls them “discredited” with no justification at all — while they continue to use “heavily edited” videos in their own work every day.
- #29: What ever happened to that guy who gave all his employees a $70K minimum wage? (75,560) – Dan Price makes his second appearance in the top 50. This was an early follow-up to the original story; later follow-ups showed a much darker side to Price’s “generosity.”
- #28: Apparently, no one at MSNBC pays taxes Update: Now with enraging video (76,714) – You’ll find no friendlier channel for tax-hike policies than MSNBC. You’ll apparently find no greater collection of tax avoiders than MSNBC’s pool of hosts and contributors, too.
- #27: Jordan responds by announcing execution of jihadist prisoners (76,802) – When ISIS set a Jordanian pilot in a cage on fire, Jordan didn’t wring its hands for weeks about how best to respond. They simply expedited the executions of a half-dozen ISIS-linked jihadists in their custody, including the widow of a former associate of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. By expedited, I mean the next morning. That’s speaking a language that ISIS understands.
- #26: California’s ‘man-made’ environmental disaster (77,957) – Alternate headline: He who smelt it, delta’d it. We’ve been covering the Central Valley disaster for the past few years, and it still resonates for the sheer stupidity of it. “There is a man-made lack of water in California,” Carly Fiorina said at the time, noting that “liberal environmentalists have prevented the building of a single new reservoir or a single new water conveyance system over decades during a period in which California’s population has doubled.” Glad I live in Minnesota.
- #25: John Thune: We’re not going to shut down Homeland Security in February over executive amnesty (78,952) – Fortunately for Thune, federal courts have more or less mooted this question by grinding Obama’s attempted end-run to a halt. That hasn’t made angry voters any more endeared to the GOP establishment, however.
- #24: Breaking: At least 10 reported dead in shooting at Oregon community college; Update: Shooter killed in gunfight with cops; Update: Shooter asked victims to state their religion? (80,866) – The shooter in this gun-free zone did indeed ask about his intended victims’ religious beliefs, shooting those who declared their Christianity or in one case atheism. Curiously, this is one mass shooting that few discuss these days.
- #23: Obama White House in meltdown over Netanyahu’s proposed speech to Congress – (84,283) – They still are today, in fact. John Boehner and Mitch McConnell decided to bypass the White House to bring Benjamin Netanyahu to Congress to speak against the Iran deal. Barack Obama, who spent most of the past two years declaring that he would push his agenda through executive orders to bypass Congress in lawmaking (“I’ve got a pen, and I’ve got a phone”), pronounced himself shocked, shocked that Congress had a phone and a pen as well.
- #22: Vatican objects to White House invitation list for papal visit (86,558) – When you invite a head of state over for a welcome, especially one who helped engineer a historic (if foolish) rapprochement with Cuba, do you go out of your way to insult him? You do if you’re Barack Obama, who never misses an opportunity to pontificate on his idea of social justice. The Washington Post made it even more absurd, headlining the effort thusly: “In Pope Francis’s visit, White House sees a chance to transcend politics.” Is that why they invited the transgender activists and the gay Episcopal bishop?
- #21: Can we talk about how Vice President Joe Biden is being inappropriate? (93,589) – “[W]hile the online feminist community is fighting the scourge of men who don’t cross their ankles on the subway with all it’s got,” Mary Katharine wrote, “the Vice President of the United States is making teenage girls actively uncomfortable by nuzzling and touching them on national TV.” Yep … that just about covers it:
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) January 6, 2015
Come back tomorrow, when we crack the Top Twenty and get into six-figure page view totals. We’ll delve into “college rape culture,” more history lectures from Professor Obama, Sulu attempting to beam himself out of embarrassment, and The Most Interesting Man In The World turns out to be a BS-artist bore. Stay tuned!
Join the conversation as a VIP Member