Today I get to step outside the box a bit and guest-host for Drew Mariani at Relevant Radio! The Catholic talk-radio network has 34 stations, both O&O and affiliates, as well as an webstream and an app that plays live and podcasted shows. Today I have a great line-up of guests:
- My friend John Thavis, longtime Vaticanista and author of The Vatican Diaries, joins me to discuss the media’s coverage of Pope Francis
- Dr. Theresa Notare continues that discussion by explaining Natural Family Planning and the Catholic Church’s teaching on procreation
- The film American Sniper has raised considerable controversy about warfare. We’ll ask Fr. Francis Foley, a military chaplain who has just returned stateside from Afghanistan, to discuss some of the issues arising from the film and the debate over the wars in general.
- Dr, John Bergsma will tell us how a mummy mask could provide the oldest written Gospel fragment, and what that would mean for Biblical scholarship.
- Fr. Ken Laverone discusses the upcoming canonization of Blessed Fr. Junipero Serra, the founder of California’s missions and a figure of considerable controversy.
- Michael O’Dea and Louis Brown outline their efforts to provide a Catholic alternative to ObamaCare.
We may add more before the show starts today, plus we will have an abbreviated and pre-recorded version of Drew’s chaplet of Divine Mercy. We will also take your calls at 1-877-766-3777. You can also listen on the Relevant Radio app no matter where you are in the world, so download it now. I’ll look forward to talking with you!