Today, whatever air time doesn’t get dedicated to Barack Obama’s unilateral action on immigration will go to the tensions in Ferguson, Missouri. At the time of this writing, news was breaking that the grand jury will reconvene on Monday “at the earliest” after not reaching a decision on an indictment over the shooting of Michael Brown, so speculation on the case and its consequences will be slightly less acute. The main topic will definitely be immigration, though, and Obama will set the agenda — and even make an appearance on ABC’s This Week. The best chance to get the Republican case may be on CNN’s State of the Union, although the debates on Fox News Sunday look most promising on the topic. For the most unusual guest on Ferguson, tune in Meet the Press to see Rudy Giuliani square off against a Brown family attorney and Michael Eric Dyson.
Update: I misspelled Rudy Giuliani’s name in the original post; it’s corrected now.
- ABC’s This Week: President Barack Obama; roundtable includes Dr. Ben Carson, James Carville, Matthew Dowd, and Katrina vanden Heuvel.
- CBS’ Face The Nation: NAACP President Cornell William Brooks; immigration roundtable with House Homeland Security Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., andRep. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho; media roundtable with Susan Page, David Ignatius, Michael Gerson, Mark Leibovich, and Clarence Page.
- CNN’s State of the Union: Senator Lindsey Graham and former Sen. Rick Santorum; Newt Gingrich and Ana Navarro; roundtable on Ferguson with Cornel West, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund President Sherrilyn Ifill, Sojourners President Jim Wallis and LZ Granderson.
- Fox News Sunday: Senator Ted Cruz; Rep. Xavier Becerra; Gov-elect Greg Abbott; roundtable with George Will, Julie Pace, Kimberly Strassel, Ron Fournier
- NBC’s Meet the Press: Sens. Jeff Flake, R-AZ and Robert Menendez, D-NJ on immigration; former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Anthony Gray, attorney for the Michael Brown family, and Michael Eric Dyson on Ferguson; John Hofmeister, former CEO of Shell Oil and author Daniel Yergin on US energy policy; roundtable with Joe Scarborough, Jose Diaz-Balart, Amy Walter, former Gov. Bill Richardson.
Note: Allahpundit is on vacation until tomorrow.