Time for the third in our series of polls to select the Obamateurism of the Year, and it doesn’t get any easier, although yesterday’s poll was one of the closest this year. In the end, readers selected Barack Obama’s complaining of a “subterranean” agenda opposing him based on race, perhaps because Eric Holder made the same gripe to the New York Times this week to explain why people are upset over Operation Fast & Furious. Let’s choose our third semifinalist today from this five-entry poll. Note: Each poll will get closed when the next poll gets posted — so don’t put off casting your vote!
Be prepared for a stroll down memory lane! Click on the links below to review the OOTDs in today’s poll:
- Accuses GOP of trying to hurt seniors after lecturing them not to demagogue on entitlement reform
- “If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know, you might want to think about a trade-in.”
- Obama accepts his transparency award in secret, no-press meeting
- “War” first changed to “kinetic military action,” then “time-limited, scope-limited military action”
- Obama telling people it would be easier to be President of China because “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.”
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!