If the McCain campaign is looking for resonant moments, this may be one of them — or several of them, as Barack Obama uttered a variation of “John is right” nine times during the debate. In a 30-second spot, though, they can only squeeze three of them into the ad:
How many times?
- Well, I think Senator McCain’s absolutely right that we need more responsibility …
- Well, Senator McCain is absolutely right that the earmarks process has been abused …
- And he’s also right that oftentimes lobbyists and special interests are the ones that are introducing these kinds of requests ….
- Now, John mentioned the fact that business taxes on paper are high in this country, and he’s absolutely right.
- But John is right we have to make cuts. [And then Obama refused to note even a single cut he’d be willing to make.]
- Senator McCain is absolutely right that the violence has been reduced as a consequence of the extraordinary sacrifice of our troops and our military families.
- And, John, I — you’re absolutely right that presidents have to be prudent in what they say.
- Now, Senator McCain is also right that it’s difficult.
- Senator McCain is absolutely right, we cannot tolerate a nuclear Iran.
Geez, if McCain is right that often, why not just elect him President? I suspect that we’ll see even more ads on this subject. Note that this is ready to go on television as well as the Internet, and I’ll bet it gets significant play in battleground states for the next week or so.
Join the conversation as a VIP Member