If you’re tired of the media’s obsession with all things Donald Trump, be prepared to take the morning off. He won’t be on any of the shows, but his name will come up — a lot. ABC and CBS both teased this week’s shows by referring to Trump in their interviews with Lindsey Graham and Rick Perry. Perry will also show up with Jake Tapper on CNN’s State of the Union, where Perry may want to explore the topic at length as well. Rand Paul makes a couple of appearances on Fox and CBS, but he’s been relatively quiet on Trump; CBS has him on to discuss Iran and tax reform. NBC has Pat Buchanan on to talk about the return of populism as a presidential-race phenomenon, which might mean Trump, but Chuck Todd will have Bernie Sanders on first. Plus, the roundtables will be sure to give viewers lots of opinions about The Donald.
The sleeper topic today may be the Planned Parenthood videos. George Stephanopoulos has PP’s Cecile Richards on as an exclusive, while Fox has Carly Fiorina, who’s been aggressive on the abortion issue. If you want more nat-sec discussion, tune into CBS, where former Obama adviser Tom Donilon and Rep. Mike Rogers might provide some fireworks on ISIS. ABC starts off with Loretta Lynch, so the big mystery this weekend may be whether Stephanopoulos presses the AG on whether the DoJ will probe Hillary Clinton’s transmission of classified material through her unsecured private e-mail. If he does, that will make more news than all the Trump talk put together.
Here are the lineups:
- ABC’s This Week: Attorney General Loretta Lynch; Sen. Lindsey Graham; Planned Parenthood’s Cecile Richards; roundtable with Matthew Dowd, Republican strategist Ana Navarro, Rep. Keith Ellison, and New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman.
- CBS’ Face The Nation: Gov. Rick Perry; Sen. Rand Paul; Sen. Joe Manchin; Tom Donilon and Mike Rogers on ISIS; roundtable with Nancy Cordes, John Heilemann, WSJ’s Gerald Seib, and Jamelle Bouie.
- CNN’s State of the Union: Gov. Rick Perry; TBD.
- Fox News Sunday: Sen. Rand Paul; Carly Fiorina; roundtable with Brit Hume, George Will, Sheryl Gay Stolberg, Juan Williams.
- NBC’s Meet the Press: Sen. Bernie Sanders; Pat Buchanan; Gov. John Kasich; John Nichols of The Nation; roundtable with Jose Diaz-Balart, former George W. Bush political director Sara Fagen, Ron Fournier, Amy Walter.