Today we have our fifth poll to select the semifinal Obamateurisms that will compete for the OOTY title, and today’s selection will complete the first semifinal contestants. Yesterday, OOTY voters toasted Barack Obama’s inept diplomacy with Queen Elizabeth II in May. Which of today’s choice Obamateurism of the Weeks will fill out our first semifinal bracket? Cast your vote now, because each poll will get closed when the next poll gets posted!
Be prepared for a stroll down memory lane! Click on the links below to review the OOTDs in today’s poll:
- Six references to tax breaks for “corporate jet owners” as reason budget isn’t balanced
- Identifies wrong soldier as non-posthumous MoH recipient
- “You see it when you go to a bank and you use an ATM; you don’t go to a bank teller.”
- Uses restaurant as example of success of auto bailouts, closes two weeks later
- Goes for 70th round of golf on Memorial Day
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!