Here are six examples of the things I think require more fighting and less compromise:
1) We do not need to compromise on spending; we need to spend less.
2) We do not need to compromise on taxation; we need to tax less and tax with less complication.
3) We do not need to compromise on regulation; we need to regulate less and with less political correctness and nannyism. We need to end the giant, super-powerful government bureaucracies that are not only costly but get “captured” by special interests and then add to cronyism; such bureaucracies are, in their essence, anti-liberty in their wide powers.
4) We do not need to compromise on the amount of crony capital that goes to politicians’ friends and to politically correct industries; we need to let everyone stand or fall on merit.
5) We do not need to compromise on how much of the people’s personal judgment we replace with government authority; we need to let grownups purchase whatever soda size they want and let parents be in charge of their own children. If that leads to imperfect outcomes for some, well, nobody ever said freedom was sugar-free.
6) We do not need to compromise on the Second Amendment (or any enumerated right of any citizen).