Red Fawn Fallis was arrested in North Dakota while protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline in the fall of 2016. During the arrest, she pulled a gun and fired three rounds which, fortunately, did not hit any of the officers around her. She was charged with attempted murder but those charges were later dropped to make way for federal charges. Today, Fallis pleaded guilty to two federal charges as part of a plea deal, a third, more serious charge against her was dropped. From the Associated Press:

Fallis, 38, was accused of firing a handgun three times during her October 2016 arrest. No one was hurt. She pleaded guilty Monday to civil disorder and gun possession by a convicted felon. She has a 2003 conviction in Colorado for being an accessory to a felony crime. Court records show she was accused of driving a car for a man who shot and wounded another man.

Fallis cried while she entered her pleas. She did not discuss the protest shooting incident, only answering basic questions from U.S. District Judge Daniel Hovland about her background and understanding of the proceedings.

Prosecutors at sentencing will drop a more serious count against Fallis — discharge of a firearm during a felony crime of violence. Sentencing wasn’t immediately scheduled.

About two dozen supporters of Fallis packed the courtroom but didn’t comment after the hearing. The courthouse was under heavy security. The number of federal law and security officers outside the courtroom was double the norm, and people had to obtain passes to enter the courtroom.

Fallis has spent the last several months in a halfway house on pretrial release. Last week she was arrested after checking out of the halfway house and failing to show up for the adult learning class she was scheduled to attend:

Red Fawn Fallis signed out of a halfway house in Fargo on Thursday morning to attend adult learning classes but never showed up, according to the U.S. Marshals Service. She also allegedly was half an hour late returning to the halfway house.

A warrant was issued for her arrest, and she was taken into custody upon her return to the halfway house Thursday afternoon. Her attorneys declined to comment on the arrest Friday.

Today she explained that absence to the judge and asked to be returned to the halfway house pending her sentencing. “With the change-of-plea hearing coming up, I just needed some time to really think about things,” she said, according to an AP report. Her sentencing has not been scheduled yet but under the plea agreement, she now faces a maximum of 7 years in jail.

Fallis’ arrest was caught on video by her fellow protesters. This clip has been analyzed like the Zapruder film by people on the left who still believe officers shot at Red Fawn Fallis and not the other way around. Will today’s guilty plea for gun possession put that to rest? Probably not. As you’ll see, immediately after the shooting protesters begin lecturing the police about holding loaded weapons near protesters. “Put your weapon down. We are unarmed,” one man says.