A fire broke out at the home Bill and Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, New York Wednesday. A newspaper for the Lower Hudson Valley reports:
Police declined to give further details on the fire at 15 Old House Lane where Bill and Hillary Clinton have lived for nearly 20 years after buying it for $1.7 million in 1999.
But scanner reports said it was a bedroom fire and has been extinguished.
As usual with the Clintons, a fog of secrecy has descended and none of the details have been given out. TMZ adds that the fire happened in an upper story bedroom. This CBS News report contains aerial video which shows firefighters walking into a separate garage structure near the main house. So far there are only a couple photos from the road and none that show the damage:
— Nadia Galindo (@NadiaGalindoTV) January 3, 2018
— BREAKING NEWS (@NewsAlertHQ) January 3, 2018
The NY Daily News reports the New Castle PD isn’t giving out much information:
It was not immediately clear if the Clintons were at home when the fire erupted just before 3 p.m.
A spokesman for the New Castle police department confirmed to the Daily News that no injuries had been reported. He noted that the fire was called in by someone who was at the Chappaqua home at 2:51 p.m.
Why can’t they just tell us what they know everyone is going to want to know? Were the Clintons there? Who called this in? No doubt the police have been told Clinton World will handle it. And I’m sure once they come up with a good story, they’ll let us know. In the meantime, some people are having fun speculating:
You know, I hear Bleach Bit and server wiping cloths are flammable.
— Jim Geraghty (@jimgeraghty) January 3, 2018
The Clinton’s, possibly anticipating her electoral win, bought the house next door to theirs last August.