The LAPD is now investigating an allegation of rape made this week by an Italian model and actress against Harvey Weinstein. The LA Times reports the LAPD met with her for two hours this morning and recounts her allegations:
She told the Los Angeles Times that the incident occurred at Mr. C Beverly Hills hotel after she attended the 8th annual Los Angeles, Italia Film, Fashion and Art Fest in February 2013. She had previously met Weinstein once, briefly, in Rome after being introduced by an acquaintance. At that time, he invited her up to his hotel room, but she said she declined. She said they spoke briefly at the film festival, but he didn’t appear to recall meeting her.
“He … bullied his way into my hotel room, saying, ‘I’m not going to [have sex with] you, I just want to talk,’” the woman told The Times. “Once inside, he asked me questions about myself, but soon became very aggressive and demanding and kept asking to see me naked. He grabbed me by the hair and forced me to do something I did not want to do. He then dragged me to the bathroom and forcibly raped me.”
“When he left, he acted like nothing happened,” she said. She added, “He made me feel like an object, like nothing with all his power.” The Times gives a lot of hints about who the accuser is, but there’s really no point in guessing. If she doesn’t want her name public at this point, so be it.
The actress didn’t report the rape at the time but did tell several people about what had happened to her.
The unnamed accuser is the sixth woman to report a rape allegation to police and the first in California. The NYPD is already investigating claims by two women and Scotland Yard is investigating claims by three women including actress Lysette Anthony. Anthony revealed over the weekend that she had been raped after Weinstein forced his way into her home in the 1980s.
#LAPD Robbery Homicide Div has interviewed a potential sexual assault victim involving Harvey Weinstein in 2013. Investigation ongoing
— LAPD HQ (@LAPDHQ) October 19, 2017