We’ve reached the semifinal stages of the Obamateurism of the Year Award, where we look at the top ten OOTDs and whittle it down to four finalists. Will you show some flexibility, or will it be suddenly more difficult than for the past 200+ years? Will you think about the soldiers, or just complain about them? Whatever you choose, I’m sure it will do just fine.
The top two vote getters will go into our finals, set for New Years Eve!
- “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it[.]”
- “Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes.”
- “This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.”
- “When I think about, ah, those soldiers or airmen or Marines, sailors, who are out there fighting on my behalf …”
- “The private sector is doing fine“
Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:
- Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
- Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
- “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)
For more on the history and end of the OOTDs, here’s my post from November 9th.