Can the Pittsburgh Steelers rebound from a poor 2-3 start this season? If so, they have to start tonight — and they finally have to win a game on the road. They play their division rival Cincinnati Bengals in Cincinnati for the Sunday night game today. The line has Pittsburgh up by one, and it should be a great game. I’ll pick the Steelers to win 27-24, but that will require some better running by Pittsburgh, who is dead last in the rushing game.
Last week I picked a couple of big upsets — the Packers, Giants, and Broncos all won on the road — giving me a 5-1 outing, and a 22-14 record for the season. Can I keep up the momentum?
- Cardinal at Vikings – The Vikes bit me last week after I gave them the edge against the Washington Redskins. They’re at home this week, though, and they’ve been tough in the Big Marshmallow. The Cards have been iffy lately, and not particularly good on the road. Minnesota in a squeaker, 24-21.
- Packers at Rams – The Pack played like the Pack last week, and I’m betting they can keep it up against a slowly improving St. Louis team. Aaron Rodgers will have the clinic open again, with the Pack cruising to a 35-20 win.
- Redskins at Giants – Washington looks pretty good this year, but the Giants are turning it back up now. Playing at home against their division rivals, don’t expect a letdown after their big win in San Francisco. NYG 31, Washington 23.
- Ravens at Texans – This looked like a tougher game before Ray Lewis went on injured reserve with a torn tricep. (That sounds incredibly painful, too, and how often does that happen, anyway?) Texas just lost their first game at home, so don’t expect them to let it happen two weeks in a row. Texans win 27-23.
- Lions at Bears – I’m making this pick so I don’t have to choose the Jets/Pats game. Chicago has won both of its home games, but Detroit’s not looking too bad this year. I’m going to take a flyer on Megatron and the Lions in an upset, 27-21.