After numerous undercover videos by Live Action over the last three years showed repeated violations by Planned Parenthood of laws requiring notification to law enforcement for sexual exploitation of minors, the nation’s chief executive has finally weighed in on the pattern of lawbreaking. Despite criminal investigations in at least two states and numerous staff terminations, Barack Obama considers the entire issue “manufactured“:
“I think sometimes these issues get manufactured,” he said “they get a lot of attention in the blogosphere…
“You know my bottom line is I think that Planned Parenthood in the past has done good work. If there was a specific problem at this center, it should be addressed, but we shouldn’t get so distracted with some of these issues.”
Manufactured? Here’s a partial list of the posts we’ve had here at Hot Air:
- 3 new undercover PP clinic videos
- Video: “It’s not a person”
- Planned Parenthood fires clinic manager in latest video
- New Live Action video uncovers more manipulative counseling at Planned Parenthood
- Video: Lila Rose exposes another Planned Parenthood clinic breaking the law
- Live Action undercover videos show Kentucky abortion clinic covering up statutory rape
- Breaking: Birmingham Planned Parenthood clinic put on probation
- Lila Rose assaulted by Planned Parenthood escort
- Planned Parenthood: “That’s not a baby growing inside of you”
- Video: New Mona Lisa Project undercover video in Alabama
- Video: Lila Rose exposes yet another PP clinic breaking the law
- Video: Two Phoenix PP clinics cover up statutory rape
- WaPo claims “cuts” on Planned Parenthood restriction
- Video: Planned Parenthood covers up statutory rape … again
- Live Action scores: Planned Parenthood suspends employee in second video
- Video: Second Indiana Planned Parenthood clinic violates the law
- Indiana AG to investigate Planned Parenthood
Lots of people and organizations did “good work” at one time or another while still breaking the law. I’m unaware of a “good work” exception to law enforcement, especially when it comes to protecting children from sexual exploitation. Planned Parenthood clinics have an entire series of videos showing their clinics conspiring to keep such exploitation hidden from police. Shouldn’t the chief executive of the nation at least express some concern over that, or would Obama need to “manufacture” that concern?
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!