Effective and Last Modified: January 31, 2015
1. Disclosure of Personal Information to Outside Parties:
3. Updating and Deleting Personal Data:Correcting and Updating. You may correct or update your registration data by either signing into your online account or by using the “Contact Us” link on our Website to submit such request.Delete/Deactivate/Opt-out of Email Subscriptions. You may delete or deactivate your account or request not to receive emails from us by either signing into your online account or by using the “Contact Us” link on our Website and submitting a request to delete/deactivate your account or be removed from our database. Salem will comply with all such requests within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations; for example, some of your information may remain in backup storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the possession of information that we hold relating to you.
4. Information Shared With Third Parties:Information Sharing With Third Parties. We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our Websites for their own use and subject to their own privacy policies. These companies may utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info and Networking Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
5. Specific Privacy Rights:Children's Privacy. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, this Website does not collect, use or disclose personal information (including online contact information) of children under the age of thirteen (13). In the event that a child under the age of 13 attempts to register on our Website(s), we will not knowingly accept that registration and will delete information received from the child. In the event that a child posts personal information in a public forum such as a chat room, we will attempt to delete that information once we become aware of it.
Parents can give written parental consent for their child to use Salem Websites, however, by completing the Salem Parental Consent Form. To request this form, or if you have any questions or comments regarding children’s privacy at Salem, please contact us by clicking the “Contact Us” link on our Website.California Privacy Rights. Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Salem who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by clicking the “Contact Us” link on our Website.
c)Canada Privacy Rights. Beginning on July 1, 2014, consent must be given by Canadian residents to receive commercial electronic messages on behalf of all businesses unless the business has a pre-existing relationship with the consumer. Prior to sending any commercial electronic messages to potential new consumers, the sender must obtain consent from the recipient and will need to include information that identifies the sender and enables the recipient to withdraw consent.
6. Security and Enforcement:
a)Information Security. The security and confidentiality of Your Information is extremely important to us. Accordingly, we believe we have appropriate security measures in place, consistent with standard industry practice, to protect against the unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse or destruction of data. Please be aware, however, that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. As such, while we want you to feel confident using the Salem Websites, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Last updated: January 31, 2015