Green Room

Piers Morgan staffers happy for cancellation?

posted at 8:15 am on February 25, 2014 by

This sounds highly counter-intuitive, especially in this economy, but that’s what the New York Daily News claims:

Staffers at “Piers Morgan Tonight” are actually relieved that CNN has canceled the show, sources tell Confidenti@l.

“He was always such an a—— to people working for him,” one insider says of the bombastic Brit. Morgan’s last show is likely to be this week, but no specific date has been set. We hear it was low ratings and a bad attitude that killed it, and the decision was made by network boss Jeff Zucker. “The makeup girls suffered the worst — he was rude and belligerent,” says our source. “The general feeling is Morgan didn’t show any respect to anyone working under him — the people who were trying to make him look good.”

Normally I’d be tempted to shrug at this as sour grapes from perhaps one or two people who’d gotten crossways with the boss. With Morgan, though, his disdain for people shone brightly through most of his interviews; numerous analysts noticed it, and more than a couple thought it might have led to the failure of the show in retaining guests over its three-year run. If it’s true, it’s not the first firing in cable news in the last few months to get a thumbs-up from the crew.

Presumably, all of these people will stay on staff for the next 9 PM show on CNN. Or maybe it’s better for them regardless. (via Mediaite)

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Piers Morgan = Dilbert’s Pointy-Haired Boss

Bitter Clinger on February 25, 2014 at 8:22 AM

If the employees aren’t retained at least they’ll be freed from job lock.

talkingpoints on February 25, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Actually, the show is called Piers Morgan Live. As in Larry King Live. New York Daily News can’t even be bother to do a little fact checking.

BigGator5 on February 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM

What a way to win converts to your side, not only being dismissive to your opponents, but lording it over to those who are there to help you. I’ll simply ignore Piers except when I want to practice ridicule and sarcasm.

rbj on February 25, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Sure hope he put some of his very bloated salary away. He can move to Hollywood, they deserve each other.

mmcnamer1 on February 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Typical liberal, always talking about the little guy, until you find out they treat the little guy horribly.

Flange on February 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Flange on February 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM

…truth!…^ ^ ^…there!

KOOLAID2 on February 25, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Bitter Clinger on February 25, 2014 at 8:22 AM

I can tolerate that guy more than Morgan.

cozmo on February 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Color me unsurprised that he is a dildo – a phoney prick

HBowmanMD on February 25, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Scratch out Piers’ name and CNN and substitute Keith Olbermann and anyplace he’s worked in the past 20 years and the story’s pretty much the same.

The most aggressive, rage-filled liberals are always the ones who treat the people below them at work the worst, rationalizing it to themselves because they’re such tireless crusaders for justice and equality, it gives them the right to treat all their subordinates like crap.

jon1979 on February 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM

If you are a decent boss, the people below you will also be your support. While I can be tough on my employees, I try to live out the turth I was taught many decades ago. Leaders eat last. Many Liberals, and most politicians now matter their party, have lost their way when it comes to being a leader.

HonestLib on February 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Maybe that horrible human being, Nancy Grace, knew what was coming the day she called him a limey.

NotCoach on February 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Flange on February 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM

You should read The Brethren by Bob Woodward, if you haven’t already. William O. Douglas — the great liberal champion was quite the @sshole to his clerks, meanwhile a new associate justice actually sat down and ate lunch with his, name something like William Rehnquist.

rbj on February 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Lay down with dogs…someone offered you that job, and you took it. Wage slave indeed.

winoceros on February 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Well now these fired employees will have more time to read bedtime stories to their kids. They can pursue that leisure time that they’ve been missing out on by having to work at a pesky job.

neyney on February 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM

@ neyney

as noted, they likely will continue to work for the new 9 p.m. host, who hopefully won’t be as an insufferable wanker … so it’s a win-win …

ABreitbart on February 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM

@ neyney

ABreitbart on February 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM

We use Tosser more than wanker, but both work.

HonestLib on February 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Flange on February 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM

as several others have thumbs-upped above, EXACTLY

I have actually yet to meet a hard-left liberal who treats those he supervises/those who serve him or her with anything but condescension at best, and outright disdain at worst. I thought a few years ago I’d found a shining exception (a rich couple who treated everyone with great kindness), then found out a few months later they were actually closet conservatives in a liberal enclave. lol

inviolet on February 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Flange on February 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM

It’s true of the academic liberals, too. One of my professors in college was just short of a Marxist, full of angst about the “poor”–and was one at the most elitist jerks I have ever met.

Doc Holliday on February 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM

The English people who make their way to the U.S. are often the worst of the lot. Piers (what a name!) is just one example.

Wonder what sort of send-off party his future-ex-staffers are planning for him. Heh.

MisterElephant on February 25, 2014 at 12:39 PM

My former manager was the worst. Super liberal, female, obnoxious and rude. For 7 years I was her only direct report. I took the full brunt of her menopause, smoking too much, quitting smoking, excessive drinking, quitting drinking. My complaints and requests to higher ups went unanswered. Then she got another direct report. She left within 30 days back to her old group. Then we filled that spot with an outside hire. He didn’t really believe me either. Until I left the group and he was all alone. He left the company entirely within 6 months. Another replacement didn’t fully believe me either, but woke up after reporting to her for a few months. It was all about her and how she looked to management. She always made it a point to poison the well so that if anyone ever questioned her, she had already blamed others for her failures.

smfic on February 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Flange on February 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Paging Michael Moore, paging Michael Moore. . .

Mallard T. Drake on February 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Piers reminds me of the left wing nuts catching a taxi in front of me at a DC hotel that was hosting a progressive conference. The first one gave no tip to the black bellman who hailed a taxi, the second one gave him loose change. When he got my taxi I gave him a $10 tip and said I was paying for the two libtards in front of me that pretty much stiffed him. He got a good laugh out of that one.

Like them, Piers truly believes he is doing way more for the little, common people by simply being who he is. Anything else, like treating people well, is unnecessary and a bother to him. This is just one of many reasons I hold progrerssives/liberals/left wing nuts in such low regard. They love to tell everyone else what to do in the most condescending way while they do the opposite. Time prevents me from providing a plethora of examples..

ehscott on February 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I can’t believe Peirsed Organs show even lasted 3 years.

Buttercup on February 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Nothing likable or engaging about Moran. Sloppy in his dress, manner and thought. Not surprised he could make it at home.

StevC on February 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM

StevC on February 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Later this year we’ll find Ricky Gervais was behind Piers going to CNN and it will all be on an episode of An Idiot Abroad.

Flange on February 25, 2014 at 5:49 PM