Russian hockey team out of the Olympics without a medal
posted at 11:39 am on February 19, 2014 by Allahpundit
This was the one Putin really wanted for Russia’s prestige. But then, the Finns have always been good at handling Russians.
The photo below is circulating on Twitter as I write this. It’s actually not from today — it’s from Sunday’s game, which Russia won — but it sums up the mood. Exit question: Didn’t we just barely beat this underperforming team last week?
Vladimir Putin puts on his Manning Face–> pic.twitter.com/pr2rXyosGl
— PatriotsSB49 (@PatriotsSB49) February 19, 2014
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation