Green Room

Former Planned Parenthood worker: “Money-grubbing, evil, very sad, sad place to work”

posted at 11:34 am on February 17, 2014 by

Marianne Anderson should know. She worked at the Indianapolis franchise of the nation’s biggest provider in the abortion industry, until Abby Johnson helped her to leave her job and turn her life around. In an interview for The Criterion, the nurse describes some of the horrors she witnessed at the clinic:

“One young girl came in with her mom,” Anderson told the paper.  “She was about 16. Her mom had made the appointment. That’s not supposed to be how it works. It’s supposed to only be the patient who makes the appointment. I checked her in, and she thought she was there for a prenatal checkup. The mom was pushing it. She blindsided her own daughter.”

Another time, said Anderson, “This guy brought in a Korean girl. I had no doubt in my mind this girl was a sex slave. This guy would not leave her side. They could barely communicate. He wanted to make all the arrangements.  During the ultrasound, she told one of the nurses that there were lots of girls in the house, and that the man hits them. She never came back for the abortion. I always wondered what happened to her. One of my co-workers said, ‘You’re better off to just let it go.’”

When women cried during the abortion procedure, Anderson said, abortionist Michael King would shame them. “These girls would start crying on the table, and Dr. King would say, ‘Now you chose to be here. Sit still. I don’t have time for this.’”

“One doctor, when he was in the POC [products of conception] room, would talk to the aborted baby while looking for all the parts. ‘Come on, little arm, I know you’re here! Now you stop hiding from me!’ It just made me sick to my stomach,” Anderson said. “The sound the suction machine made when it turned on still haunts me.”

If you’re unfamiliar with the term POC, read up on it here, when Abby Johnson explained it at an event for Pro-Life Action Ministries here in the Twin Cities in 2011.

Here’s more from the interview:

Q. What was it like working there?

A. “It was a money-grubbing, evil, very sad, sad place to work.

“We would get yelled at if we didn’t answer the phone by the third ring. They would tell us we’d be fired [if we didn’t] because they needed the money.

“They would remind us in our weekly staff meeting that we need to tell everyone [who called to schedule an appointment] to avoid ‘those people’ [the sidewalk counselors] because we need the money. We were to tell them, ‘Don’t make eye contact with them, and don’t stop in the driveway. If you make eye contact with them or if you stop and roll down your window, they’re going to try their darnedest to talk you out of it.’

“You have to have so many [abortions] a month to stay open. In our meetings they’d tell us, ‘If abortions are down, you could get sent home early and not get as many hours.’

“They would allow girls to have ultrasounds that were obviously way too far along [the legal limit for having an abortion in Indiana is 13 weeks and six days]. They said, ‘If they want to be seen, you just put them through, no problem,’ just taking advantage to make money.

“I was always getting in trouble for talking too long to the girls, asking if they were sure they wanted to do this.

“It was absolutely miserable going in there.” …

Q. When did you start having qualms or misgivings about working for Planned Parenthood?

A. “I started feeling uneasy working there when people came from [the] national [office] in New York City to teach us the conscious sedation process. It was disgusting. These two ladies had this chant they would do: ‘Abortion all the time!’ I thought, ‘I’ve got to get out of here.’ That was about six to eight months after I started.

“Those women from New York acted like an abortion was a rite of passage. They were like, ‘How can you not offer abortion to women? It’s their body. They should be able to do whatever they want. How can you force them to have a baby? Abortion should be free to anybody, anytime.’ ”

Be sure to read it all.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Results matter in the real world and if you have a workable solution, please post and I will respond.

HonestLib on February 17, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Yes, outlaw abortion. Evil is evil, and there is no middle ground on issue like this. Compromise solved nothing when it came to slavery, and it will solve nothing when it comes to abortion.

NotCoach on February 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM

So wait, a place that gets paid by the snip and the crunch isn’t an arcadian workshop for helping women?

HitNRun on February 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM

NotCoach on February 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Thanks for the response and I am terrible at explaining my thoughts, as the many different voices in my head cloud my thinking!

Yes, evil is evil. Always was and always will be. History is like the sun; rises in the east and sets in the west. It will be repeated. There is no workable solution to get rid of evil.

How do I wake up every day and go forward? Man, I love me some hope, hard work, blanket of comfort from family, and the desire to wake up tomorrow alive.

Well, finally being able to post here has added at least six months to the end of my life! Gots to run and chase down my prostate before I go to bed.

Cheers.

HonestLib on February 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Wow, can you imagine working for a company who are in the business of killing children? I couldn’t do it no matter how desperate I am.

Dollayo on February 18, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Abortion should be free to anybody, anytime.

How would the abortion clinics make money? Employ people? Is abortion so important to supporters that they would offer them for nothing?

Lucy43 on February 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM

When something is truly important to a leftist, they want you to pay for it with your tax dollars. And in today’s climate they’re generally successful.

Fenris on February 18, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Genocide is the soulmate of Utopianism.

RushBaby on February 18, 2014 at 8:01 AM

There is no workable solution to get rid of evil.

HonestLib on February 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I respectfully disagree.

He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:8
New King James Version (NKJV)

ITguy on February 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM

how the hell did society allow a medical procedure to become a method of birth control?

dmacleo on February 18, 2014 at 9:55 AM

There is no workable solution to get rid of evil.

HonestLib on February 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I respectfully disagree.

1 John 3:8
New King James Version (NKJV)
ITguy on February 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Thanks for the reply and insight. As a non-believer I am ignorant on how to respond from a biblical standpoint, but I think I understand your point and view, and I do respect your point of view.

HonestLib on February 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM

There is no workable solution to get rid of evil.

HonestLib on February 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM

It isn’t whether or not we eliminate evil (which is impossible anyways because man is inherently flawed), but how we respond to it.

NotCoach on February 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM

HonestLib on February 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Thank you for your respectful reply.

We both agree that there is evil in the world and that there is good in the world.

I was raised in a very liberal family (and to this day the rest of my family, parents and siblings, are still extremely liberal), but my perspective changed when I accepted what Jesus said:

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:6
New King James Version (NKJV)

When I accepted His truth, it was like scales fell off my eyes and I could see things in a way I’d never seen them before.

There is good in the world, and it comes from God.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

James 1:17
New King James Version (NKJV)

There is evil in the world, and it comes from the devil.

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:10
New King James Version (NKJV)

I hope you’ll take these verses to heart. There is a reason for evil in the world, and there is a plan to overcome that evil.

ITguy on February 18, 2014 at 11:14 AM

IT guy is very correct…

Sachiko on February 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM

How anyone that works at an abortion factory manages to sleep soundly at night is one of the greatest mysteries of all time.

rukiddingme on February 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM

These evil ones will have to answer to a higher power someday. St Peter won’t even make them look at the book of life. He will look at them with pain in his eyes and condemn them to the fire. It doesn’t matter whether they believe in him or not. He is there. These evil killers of the innocent are doomed. Just as they doomed the unborn children they murdered.

neyney on February 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM

HonestLib

Your pen name is an oxymoron, no?

Cherokee on February 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM

There is no workable solution to get rid of evil.

HonestLib on February 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM

NotCoach on February 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM

A-men!

itsspideyman on February 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM

HonestLib

Your pen name is an oxymoron, no?

Cherokee on February 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Not in my case I hope.

HonestLib on February 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM

… future generations will remember all three practices – slavery, genocide, and abortion – in exactly the same way.

I hope you are right, but I fear we may be running out of time for the pendulum to turn back. It’s taken what, a couple of generations to debase the country of true moral boundaries (not the PC pretend ones that are flaunted now). How long will it take to get that back?

It seems like every generation says the likes of 2 Timothy 3:1-5 is about them, and it’s not, and it just keeps getting worse, but eventually they will be right.

www

wwwild on February 18, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Be sure to read it all.

I don’t think that I could stomach it.

Theophile on February 19, 2014 at 1:57 AM

how the hell did society allow a medical procedure murder to become a method of birth control?

dmacleo on February 18, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Right there with ya, brother.

Laura in Maryland on February 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM