Green Room

Beeler on job-lock “liberation”

posted at 12:39 pm on February 11, 2014 by

Sure, it’s nice not to have to earn your own keep. If you’re among those doing the earning, though, this voluntary withdrawal from the workforce looks a lot like Nate Beeler’s vision in today’s Columbus Dispatch:

beeler-job-lock

Be sure to check out Nate’s blog for more of his excellent work.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Speaking of liberation, check out this feel good story of the day…

Three “youths” attempt to rob an off-duty Cook County Sheriff’s Deputy at gunpoint. The cop’s ok, but the gun-toting former honor student thug is chilling at the scene.

The video alone was worth having to sit through Teh Lightbringer’s mendouchity this morning.

Sorry about the hijack, but after watching the Stuttering Clusterfark of a Malignant Failure wipe his bony a$$ with the Constitution on a daily basis, I needed a palate cleanser, and hoo boy, did this do the trick.

Alrighty then.

Eric in Hollywood on February 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I should be numb to it by now, but I have to admit my jaw hit the floor when I listened to one of the leftie talking heads argue that it’s good for people to leave the workforce and cook a meal rather than order take out, etc. then, not 30 seconds later bitch about income inequality.

I don’t know why this fire won’t go out, I keep pouring gasoline on it, that should do the trick, right?

trubble on February 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM

This is Ramirez-caliber work. No higher praise possible.

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on February 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM

trubble on February 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM

You simply need to sign up for a Liberal Logic 101 class. I learned this one when I lived in Maryland:

1. State Revenue drops
2. Raise Taxes again
3. Productice citizens flee
4. Repeat

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on February 11, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Well, isn’t this curious…

Eric in Hollywood on February 11, 2014 at 4:05 PM

It is beneficial to disincentivize work because #$%& you.

I think that sums up the debate at this point.

jhffmn on February 11, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Top Pick

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Top Pick

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.

“No matter how radical, offensive, biased, prejudiced, fascist the program is?”

No regrets

And it’s not just your imagination

“The hopeless fear Warmbier is now experiencing is my daily reality…”

Kicking him when he’s down.

Of pigeons and terrorists

Jazz Shaw Jun 20, 2017 12:01 PM

A terrorist by any other name…