Green Room

Beeler on job-lock “liberation”

posted at 12:39 pm on February 11, 2014 by

Sure, it’s nice not to have to earn your own keep. If you’re among those doing the earning, though, this voluntary withdrawal from the workforce looks a lot like Nate Beeler’s vision in today’s Columbus Dispatch:

beeler-job-lock

Be sure to check out Nate’s blog for more of his excellent work.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Speaking of liberation, check out this feel good story of the day…

Three “youths” attempt to rob an off-duty Cook County Sheriff’s Deputy at gunpoint. The cop’s ok, but the gun-toting former honor student thug is chilling at the scene.

The video alone was worth having to sit through Teh Lightbringer’s mendouchity this morning.

Sorry about the hijack, but after watching the Stuttering Clusterfark of a Malignant Failure wipe his bony a$$ with the Constitution on a daily basis, I needed a palate cleanser, and hoo boy, did this do the trick.

Alrighty then.

Eric in Hollywood on February 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I should be numb to it by now, but I have to admit my jaw hit the floor when I listened to one of the leftie talking heads argue that it’s good for people to leave the workforce and cook a meal rather than order take out, etc. then, not 30 seconds later bitch about income inequality.

I don’t know why this fire won’t go out, I keep pouring gasoline on it, that should do the trick, right?

trubble on February 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM

This is Ramirez-caliber work. No higher praise possible.

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on February 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM

trubble on February 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM

You simply need to sign up for a Liberal Logic 101 class. I learned this one when I lived in Maryland:

1. State Revenue drops
2. Raise Taxes again
3. Productice citizens flee
4. Repeat

Megyn Kellys Lipstick on February 11, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Well, isn’t this curious…

Eric in Hollywood on February 11, 2014 at 4:05 PM

It is beneficial to disincentivize work because #$%& you.

I think that sums up the debate at this point.

jhffmn on February 11, 2014 at 10:38 PM