Green Room

Video: Zombie apocalypse finally reaches NYC

posted at 9:31 am on February 7, 2014 by

De Blasio’s fault, of course.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

How is it they did this in NYC and nobody stomped on their hands? Boy, New Yorkers have gotten lots nicer since I was last there.

Meryl Yourish on February 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM

These pranks are all fun and games until somebody shoots somebody. And I wouldn’t blame the shooter.

NotCoach on February 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Yeah, my first thought was, “Just try that in a state with concealed carry and see how far you get!”

calbear on February 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Which ones were the zombies?

HumpBot Salvation on February 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM

NotCoach on February 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

My thought too – but law-abiding citizens can’t have guns in NY, so they were safe.
Although one of sons was in Denver on a zombie night (Halloween I think), but it was a planned well known event and there were “zombie hunter security” people in uniform running around shooting zombies with nerf guns.
But pull a prank like this in a CCW state, and they might get shot.

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Those underground clubs…That’s pretty much what last call at 4am at an East Village bar looks like.

JetBoy on February 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM

NotCoach on February 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Yep.

I’m no fan of these, or those stupid, supposedly “hip” flash mob things.

But yeah, these things will end when someone really does get scared for their life and kills one of the idiotic “actors”.

Sterling Holobyte on February 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM

This prank in Texas would require ambulances standing by to haul the dead zombies to the morgue.

michaelo on February 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Ever been on a subway late at night in NYC? It’s good prep for being “scared” like this.

HotAirian on February 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I saw a man on the street yesterday. He was dressed nicely – clean jeans and a nice leather coat. But he was obviously schizophrenic and was having a knock out drag on fight with his demons. Put a little blood on his face and he could have passed for a zombie. Poor guy.

Blake on February 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM