Green Room

Video: Zombie apocalypse finally reaches NYC

posted at 9:31 am on February 7, 2014 by

De Blasio’s fault, of course.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

How is it they did this in NYC and nobody stomped on their hands? Boy, New Yorkers have gotten lots nicer since I was last there.

Meryl Yourish on February 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM

These pranks are all fun and games until somebody shoots somebody. And I wouldn’t blame the shooter.

NotCoach on February 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Yeah, my first thought was, “Just try that in a state with concealed carry and see how far you get!”

calbear on February 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Which ones were the zombies?

HumpBot Salvation on February 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM

NotCoach on February 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

My thought too – but law-abiding citizens can’t have guns in NY, so they were safe.
Although one of sons was in Denver on a zombie night (Halloween I think), but it was a planned well known event and there were “zombie hunter security” people in uniform running around shooting zombies with nerf guns.
But pull a prank like this in a CCW state, and they might get shot.

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Those underground clubs…That’s pretty much what last call at 4am at an East Village bar looks like.

JetBoy on February 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM

NotCoach on February 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Yep.

I’m no fan of these, or those stupid, supposedly “hip” flash mob things.

But yeah, these things will end when someone really does get scared for their life and kills one of the idiotic “actors”.

Sterling Holobyte on February 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM

This prank in Texas would require ambulances standing by to haul the dead zombies to the morgue.

michaelo on February 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Ever been on a subway late at night in NYC? It’s good prep for being “scared” like this.

HotAirian on February 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I saw a man on the street yesterday. He was dressed nicely – clean jeans and a nice leather coat. But he was obviously schizophrenic and was having a knock out drag on fight with his demons. Put a little blood on his face and he could have passed for a zombie. Poor guy.

Blake on February 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM
Top Pick

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Top Pick

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM