Report: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead of apparent heroin overdose
posted at 2:12 pm on February 2, 2014 by Guy Benson
A truly dazzling actor. A deeply pernicious addiction. And a tragic end:
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday of a possible heroin overdose in his Manhattan apartment, a police source said. Police said they were investigating a death at the actor’s home on Bethune St. They were alerted to the death around 11:15 a.m. A source said Hoffman was found alone with a needle in his arm in the bathroom of his apartment. Sources said the actor used heroin.
RIP. What was his greatest role?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation