Green Room

Video: The freaky deaky “stay in school” PSA

posted at 9:54 am on January 30, 2014 by

Via the Blaze, stay away from this one if gory (and amateurish) special effects upset you.

What’s the point here? They slacked off so much that they were illiterate and couldn’t read the warning signs?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Will that be on during the Super Bowl?

Sabercat2 on January 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Akzed on January 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

It’s okay. Obamacare has them covered.

eforhan on January 30, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Of course they might have had a worse day if they stayed in school.

Flange on January 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Who the he11 spent money for this?

I hope it was not tax money, but I’ll bet it was financed by a “grant”.

FOWG1 on January 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Is this the way the elites think they have to reach kids? You will blow up if you skip school. Huh. How about showing them prostitutes (male & female) going down on fat sweaty businessmen because they can’t get a job. How about showing them living in slums with rats and cockroaches crawling on them because they couldn’t get a job? How about showing them with 5 kids and no way to feed them? How about showing them freezing to death in a box under a bridge because they couldn’t get a job? Nah, show kids blowing up land mines because they skipped school. Dicks.

allstonian on January 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Who the he11 spent money for this?

I hope it was not tax money, but I’ll bet it was financed by a “grant”.

FOWG1 on January 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM

My thoughts too. Some group had too much time and money on their hands. I just hope the money didn’t come from me. This crap has got to stop.

Hill60 on January 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I thought it was hilarious.

So that was the only possible way to convey that message. Dead dismembered kids. Huh. Akzed on January 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

We’re not the target audience. Gross & immature humor + girls in swimsuits = teenage boys. Who’s skipping school? … teenage boys.

ZachV on January 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I thought I detected a slight Aussie accent. This is produced by a couple of comedians from Down Under. Go to YouTube and check out their clip “Entertainment Lawyers.” LMAO

BigAlSouth on January 30, 2014 at 10:50 AM

clearly, the people responsible for this have never actually met any teenagers…this will go viral for the hot girls in bikinis and the gore (the boys won’t see anything else), and the ridiculous plot (which will simply evoke mockery)

erclimb on January 30, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Who the he11 spent money for this?

I hope it was not tax money, but I’ll bet it was financed by a “grant”.

FOWG1 on January 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Hill60 on January 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Produced in Australia, so your tax dollars are safe, at least from these guys.

CurtZHP on January 30, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Still safer than our public schools. Until Obama EO’s away the 2nd amendment.

Oxymoron on January 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Yep, if you’re gonna skip school, go somewhere safe like the movies. Or the mall. Nothing bad ever happens there.
Oh, wait…

Galtian on January 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Was this made by the same team that did the “No Pressure” environmental advertisement? They had a fondness for exploding people, too – and this looks vaguely British, too.

Besides, it begs the question: Why not wade (or better yet, swim) along the shore until you are out of the danger area?

No Truce With Kings on January 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Nice looking middle class white kids hardest hit…

Galtian on January 30, 2014 at 11:48 AM

New generation CHOOM GANG.

cpcod on January 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Still better than that Goebbels Warmening ad.

rbj on January 30, 2014 at 1:02 PM

ABSOLUTELY REVOLTING!

The War Planner on January 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Actually, I thought it was pretty funny.

But I like horror movies…

It was sort of like a Friday the 13th style morality play: Run off to an abandoned camp in the woods to get drunk and have premarital sex and you’ll likely be disemboweled by the immortal living corpse of a dead teenager.

And the puff of smoke at the end was hilarious.

Sometimes you just need to have a sick and twisted sense of humor and life is a lot more fun. Example:Billy’s Balloon. Not gross, but hilarious in a sick sort of way.

arik1969 on January 30, 2014 at 6:04 PM

“Stay in school or we will mine the beaches.”

phelps on January 31, 2014 at 4:19 PM

ZachV on January 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Immature boys think they’re invincable, & they will all say, “Dude, the fun part is like infinitely more likely to happen than the bloody part. Let’s go to the beach!”

itsnotaboutme on February 1, 2014 at 3:54 AM

PSA producers:

“Do we work hard & make an effective product…
or do we have fun with bikini babes & blood?
Are you kiddin’ me?”

itsnotaboutme on February 1, 2014 at 3:56 AM

It’s obviously an allegory for Obamacare. C’mon.

Noncentsical on February 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM