Video: Pelosi tries, and fails, to exploit NFL playoff fevah
posted at 3:42 pm on January 16, 2014 by Ed Morrissey
What happens when bandwagoners bandwagon? Usually these kinds of faceplants play out in darkened pubs and allow for at least a little anonymity. When a politician tries it, well, look out:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who represents the City of San Francisco, showed reporters a bracelet she was wearing at her press briefing today to express her love of football.
Then she got 49er Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana’s number wrong.
“I’ll just put my bracelet right out there,” Pelosi said, showing the charms on her arm. “Joe Montana’s jersey number 14–well, anyway.”
You mean this guy?
Hey, no worries. It’s not like this guy was an icon in the city she represents, or something.
If it’s any consolation to Pelosi, this is just the second-most embarrassing suck-up of the day.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained