Green Room

Rodman: Hey, sorry, but I was drinking when I implied Bae was a criminal

posted at 8:48 am on January 9, 2014 by

Yes, I’m quite sure this makes Kenneth Bae’s family feel so much better:

Dennis Rodman is reportedly apologizing for comments he made in an interview about an American missionary held captive in North Korea for more than a year.

The former NBA star, who has cozied up to North Korea’s young dictator, made the apology through an email sent by publicist Jules Feiler, The Associated Press reported.

“I want to apologize,” Rodman said in the email to AP. “I take full responsibility for my actions. It had been a very stressful day. Some of my teammates were leaving because of pressure from their families and business associates. My dreams of basketball diplomacy was quickly falling apart. I had been drinking. It’s not an excuse but by the time the interview happened I was upset. I was overwhelmed. It’s not an excuse, it’s just the truth.”

And how bad did Rodman feel about this? Er …

A source with direct knowledge of Rodman’s itinerary told Reuters the 52-year had then hopped on a chopper to a new multimillion dollar ski resort which is one of Kim’s showcase projects.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Somehow, this apology seems … insufficient. YMMV.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Rodman is a douche, he’s not a bag, he’s a douche.

SauerKraut537 on January 9, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Sure, blame the booze for your stupidity…….

GWB on January 9, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Mr. Rodman I hope someone truly explains to you what Mr. Bae was doing before you stand before his Master. It will change your life.

talking_mouse on January 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM

talking_mouse on January 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Yep.

22044 on January 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I recall last year when Rubio was drinking during the making of a video and he didn’t sound anything like Rotman.

Shy Guy on January 9, 2014 at 9:45 AM

According to some reports, Rodman jetted off to a private ski resort with the fat little bastard Supreme Leader right after issuing his apology.

The State Department should revoke his passport and leave the SOB in the DPRK to party hardy with his BFF until they both rot.

simkeith on January 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM

…does JugEars drink too?

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM

F*** you, Rodman. Die, you traitor piece of filth.

M240H on January 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I had been drinking.

From what I’ve seen, in NorKland that’s a good way to get invited out for some mortar practice.

dentarthurdent on January 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM

… or to a frolic with Dear Leader’s puppies.

drunyan8315 on January 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM

… or to a frolic with Dear Leader’s puppies.

drunyan8315 on January 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM

You’re not supposed to play with your food…..

dentarthurdent on January 9, 2014 at 1:16 PM