Green Room

Rodman: Hey, sorry, but I was drinking when I implied Bae was a criminal

posted at 8:48 am on January 9, 2014 by

Yes, I’m quite sure this makes Kenneth Bae’s family feel so much better:

Dennis Rodman is reportedly apologizing for comments he made in an interview about an American missionary held captive in North Korea for more than a year.

The former NBA star, who has cozied up to North Korea’s young dictator, made the apology through an email sent by publicist Jules Feiler, The Associated Press reported.

“I want to apologize,” Rodman said in the email to AP. “I take full responsibility for my actions. It had been a very stressful day. Some of my teammates were leaving because of pressure from their families and business associates. My dreams of basketball diplomacy was quickly falling apart. I had been drinking. It’s not an excuse but by the time the interview happened I was upset. I was overwhelmed. It’s not an excuse, it’s just the truth.”

And how bad did Rodman feel about this? Er …

A source with direct knowledge of Rodman’s itinerary told Reuters the 52-year had then hopped on a chopper to a new multimillion dollar ski resort which is one of Kim’s showcase projects.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Somehow, this apology seems … insufficient. YMMV.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Rodman is a douche, he’s not a bag, he’s a douche.

SauerKraut537 on January 9, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Sure, blame the booze for your stupidity…….

GWB on January 9, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Mr. Rodman I hope someone truly explains to you what Mr. Bae was doing before you stand before his Master. It will change your life.

talking_mouse on January 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM

talking_mouse on January 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Yep.

22044 on January 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I recall last year when Rubio was drinking during the making of a video and he didn’t sound anything like Rotman.

Shy Guy on January 9, 2014 at 9:45 AM

According to some reports, Rodman jetted off to a private ski resort with the fat little bastard Supreme Leader right after issuing his apology.

The State Department should revoke his passport and leave the SOB in the DPRK to party hardy with his BFF until they both rot.

simkeith on January 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM

…does JugEars drink too?

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM

F*** you, Rodman. Die, you traitor piece of filth.

M240H on January 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I had been drinking.

From what I’ve seen, in NorKland that’s a good way to get invited out for some mortar practice.

dentarthurdent on January 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM

… or to a frolic with Dear Leader’s puppies.

drunyan8315 on January 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM

… or to a frolic with Dear Leader’s puppies.

drunyan8315 on January 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM

You’re not supposed to play with your food…..

dentarthurdent on January 9, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Top Pick

Irreligion.

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment