Greatest headline ever?
posted at 8:31 am on January 7, 2014 by Ed Morrissey
In order to get the full awesomeness of the headline, we have to see the tweet from Agence France Press first:
Australian man who got stuck in his washing machine during naked prank describes his olive oil rescue http://t.co/OKuZEIyAgZ
— Agence France-Presse (@AFP) January 7, 2014
The subhead qualifies as a contender, too, but the story is just as weird:
An Australian man who made global headlines after becoming wedged naked in his washing machine during a prank said Tuesday his freeing by police using olive oil was “like a birthing”
The man, who has identified himself only as “Laurence”, opened up about the mortifying incident in which a large group of rescue workers had to grease up his 5 foot-9 inch (175cm), 68-kilogram (150 pound) frame to pull him from his top-loader machine.
He told commercial radio he had “decided to have a bit of sneaky fun while in the nude” but found shortly after clambering into the washing machine that “I couldn’t get actually fully in or fully out and had to call for assistance.”
“I really just wanted another beer,” he said when asked what went through his mind when he realised he was stuck.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained