Video: If you’re wondering why your house isn’t selling …
posted at 2:59 pm on December 23, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
… it may be that you’re getting screwed by your real estate broker — almost literally. A lawsuit in Florida alleges that a broker purposely listed a house at too high a price, so that he could use it to conduct an affair with another real-estate agent (via Instapundit):
A North Jersey couple claim their real estate agent took steps to keep potential buyers away from their vacant home so he could use it for “sexual escapades” with a female colleague, trysts were reportedly captured on hidden cameras.
The Record reports the Denville couple recently sued the two agents, alleging breach of trust and fiduciary duties by them and their firm. The suit seeks compensatory damages for invasion of privacy, infliction of emotional distress, breach of contract, trespass of land and other civil counts.
The hidden cameras are a handy strategy sometimes.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation