Video: Guess who’s home for Christmas?
posted at 12:16 pm on December 23, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
I post ‘em because I love ‘em:
What was supposed to be a simple trip to the mall to see Santa, turned out to be the sweetest moment between a little girl and her dad.
Army Staff Sgt. Thomas Black showed up at Stone Briar Mall surprising his three-year-old daughter, June.
“My heart melted,” Black said of the moment he hugged his daughter.
Black has been deployed five times. He’s returning from a six-month tour in Afghanistan. This last deployment, which was unexpectedly cut short, allowing him to surprise his family for the holidays. Black made it to North Texas Saturday, but his wife Cynthia kept it a secret until now.
“That’s exactly how I wanted it. She was completely surprised, and that’s the way I wanted it,” she said. “She (June) missed him so much the whole deployment. Always talked about him everyday.”
May they all come back safe and sound, to equally joyous reunions. And now I have to take care of that dust in my eye …
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation