Video: The originality of local TV-news reporting
posted at 9:54 am on December 18, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Just how original are those local news features that sound chatty and clever? Conan O’Brien has a running series on his show demonstrating the strangely familiar items represented as original reporting, but this one featured at TV Spy seems especially creepy. “I find it frightening,” O’Brien says, but it’s mostly just sad:
I mean, how difficult is it to write an original “people buy things for themselves at Christmas” piece? Better yet, who actually wrote this one? I suspect it was a bitter 1960s burnout stuck on the overnight desk in Fresno, and it has been circling the planet ever since.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation