Green Room

Finally: The return of Rebecca Black

posted at 10:13 am on December 9, 2013 by

Not bad, but supreme badness is what made “Friday” endearing. I don’t know if I can handle America’s awkward tween kid sister goofing on her own image and making passable (if heavily auto-tuned) pop.

It’s called “Saturday,” of course. Expect “Sunday” sometime around 2015.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Still more popular than Obamacare.

Jeddite on December 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Proof that you can become a pop-star these days without first having a hit show on the Disney Channel.

It’s a cute song, quite harmless, easily forgettable.

At least she’s not wearing a meat dress.

Nethicus on December 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Good for her for having a sense of humor about all this. I can’t believe there are losers out there who actually sent her hate mail and death threats for her other song.

GOPRanknFile on December 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I admired her for actually doing something productive.

Blake on December 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Refreshingly not-Miley-Cyrus

mankai on December 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

You said it, Allah! “Friday” was so bad it was kinda good. This is just boring. I couldn’t even watch more than 30 seconds of it.

Sterling Holobyte on December 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Gee, it’s sure nice these kids don’t have chores, and homework, and family obligations, and stuff.
You know, that’d be such a downer, gettin’ in the way of the all-day parties and all.
I wonder who’s footin’ the bills for the cars and phones.

Such reality. So impressed.

Marcola on December 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Not my style of music, but it looks like American enterprise at its best.

EdmundBurke247 on December 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

One disagreement Allah. The song Friday was extremely catchy, not supremely bad. A cheesy performance to be sure. But, I could sing that song all day long..in fact, I’m singing it now.

“It’s Friday, Friday…Gotta get down on Friday”

See, I’m in a better mood already!

Norbitz on December 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM

So wait, help me sort this out. There’s Friday, then there’s Saturday. Does this happen every week?

EricW on December 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Still more popular than Obamacare.

Jeddite on December 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM

:lol:

9,158,685 views and counting…

ITguy on December 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

She hasn’t aged very well in the two years since she released Friday.

The difference is pretty stark. It does look like she has lived the past two years pretty fast and hard.

werehawk on December 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM

werehawk on December 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM

She’s been in a gang fight or two.

steebo77 on December 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Help me out here. Is she supposed to be hot, or is there some “irony” here that I’m missing? Pillsbury Dough-girl comes to mind. Oh well, she’s the one with the hit single. Party on, Darth.

smellthecoffee on December 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Wasn’t she supposed to be 13 when she made “Friday”?

So here we are, maybe 3 years later, and she’s shooting a video of frat-party stuff? Is this really what the “cool” kidz of CA are doing at age 16?

Boy, am I sheltered.

I mourn for the childhood she missed.

rwenger43 on December 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Her voice has improved a bit, but that’s all.

Celebrating mindless, vacuous underage boozing it up to party around drunk in your underwear, trashing someone’s house (Brian Holloway comes to mind). Hmm. Real positive role model here. /

When Sunday comes, will she still be nursing the hangovers, or in church on her knees confessing, especially after the little stick turns pink?

Stay tuned, sadly.

theotherone on December 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM

\m/

Axe on December 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I like the song. Doesn’t get stuck in your head like “Friday” does, but I can listen to it.

Incidentally, she’s been making more music since “Friday,” and some of it is pretty good.

ScoopPC11 on December 10, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Another guy would never let another guy smear whipped cream on his face without repercussions.

LaughterJones on December 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM

If it had more of a driving beat, it would be better. Not the worst thing I’ve heard.

Hopefully, fame doesn’t turn her into a reprobate skank the minute she turns 18.

CurtZHP on December 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Saturday: a yawner – composed by a computer – little musical talent.

CurtZHP on December 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

18?? I’m afraid it won’t take that long. The music industry has a long history of substituting depravity when the talent runs out.

landlines on December 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM