Green Room

Gun-control fans getting thuggish for next Colorado recall vote

posted at 12:15 pm on November 27, 2013 by

A dispatch from Charles Cooke:

“As we speak, we have multiple cars monitoring us at our offices and filming us from the parking lot,” Mike McAlpine, who headed up the recall effort, told me yesterday. “This is not a one-off event. We hold sign-and-drive events on the sidewalks near to busy intersections, and we hold signs inviting people to pull over and sign the petition. Our opponents have taken to blocking us: as cars pulls in, they run up to the driver’s side door and physically stand next to the door so that the person inside cannot open the door and come outside.”

Elsewhere, opponents have formed human chains in order to block anyone who wants to sign. “They yell at the person while they’re at the table trying to sign, or blow an airhorn in their ear,” McAlpine added. “There have been a half-dozen examples of that. In addition, when we go out to knock on doors and present the petition, they will follow us down the sidewalk and scream and yell.” Recently, McAlpine told me, protesters encircled a young black man who was collecting signatures. “They yelled at him, ‘you killed Trayvon! You killed Trayvon!’”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

“Our [recall] opponents have taken to blocking us: as cars pulls in, they run up to the driver’s side door and physically stand next to the door so that the person inside cannot open the door and come outside.”

This is downright obscene, which means that it is acceptable for Leftists.
I wonder … Are there no “NEW” Black Panthers in Colorado?
If not, why not? *chuckle*
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on November 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM

You know that this is ordered by the scum of the earth lowlife president. And his union thugs ordered him to order them to do this. This is funny.

tmgrant on November 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I have this handy tool that lets me open my car door if someone intentionally blocks it.

I actually confronted a guy who was preventing a girl from entering her vehicle. He was a little unhappy with me. Talking managed to diffuse the situation (no thanks to the 911 operator, who never sent any cops)but it’s the first time in my life I wanted a gun, and the reason I’ll have one should it ever happen again.

TexasDan on November 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Gun-control fans getting thuggish for next Colorado recall vote

Hey, good luck with that. *snort*

Ronnie on November 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM

That’s assault and they can be arrested. I guarantee if someone came up to me and blew an airhorn in my ear, they would be picking up their teeth from the sidewalk.

Johnnyreb on December 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Top Pick

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game

“Inaction is not an option.”

“You have no feelings. You Christians are all racists.”

Whoflubdits.