Green Room

“The union cares about all workers”

posted at 1:20 pm on November 26, 2013 by

And that’s why it won’t let them resign their membership or negotiate their own salary, benefits and working conditions, according to David Hecker, president of AFT Michigan.

This Detroit News editorial explains the relationship between “freeloading” and the union’s insistence on exclusivity in collective bargaining. Read it, or read this post from last year.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

LEAVE RED SKELTON ALONE!

Shy Guy on November 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

The union cares about all workers

Where “worker” is defined as a dues paying member of the union….

dentarthurdent on November 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM

The union cares about all workers union dues

jaywemm on November 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Just like the mafia cares about you. It would be horrible is something happened to your home, business or livelihood.

gwelf on November 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM

And wants all their money.

Ward Cleaver on November 26, 2013 at 4:19 PM

■“One observation about the teacher you highly praised. Upon leaving the union, is she (Chanski) also willing to give up the salary that united teachers achieved over three or four decades of bargaining and negotiating?”

Probably not.
Why should she?

■“When she (Chanski) decided to exercise her rights not to be in the union, did she also give up the pay/benefits/working conditions the union fought and bargained for her and other members?”

Why should she?

Should people who don’t drive be prohibited from benefiting from the highway system? Should people who don’t own property and pay taxes be prohibited from being part of the benefits of the school system and local services?

Mimzey on November 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Kneecapping not withstanding.

OldEnglish on November 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM

…the leaders of the union…care about ‘themselves’ only…and the money they can collect…from the serfs!

KOOLAID2 on November 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Except the ones they go full-Trayvon on for crossing picket lines….

viking01 on November 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM

UFCW local 1035… 17 years.. employee Kroger’s supermarket chain.. 1989 til 2006.. after being diagnosed with advanced osteoarthritis of the spine, I was transferred to cashier, “light duty”.. where I was not supposed to lift over 10lbs… sure.. right, that never happened except everyday..

2004 I was badly injured, spine fractures.. the union, which I had never been in the good graces of.. gave me strict advice when the company trumped up a mistake I’d made, about 80 bucks, a new employee would get a verbal reprimand, that’s all.. me?.. I was “expensive”.. so the company made no excuses, just fired me because they could, “nothing personal”.. not even a thank you for sacrificing a spine for them.. soulless ghouls..

The union, sat back and let it happen, not even commenting at my hearing..

When I demanded to know why?.. the sanctimonious b1tch looked me in the eye and said, you should have signed the card.. The one allowing the union to use my dues for political causes, like democrat campaigns,.. so yeah, I refused to let them donate my dues to democrats..

and for that crime against humanity, they dumped me and my wife and kids into poverty, loosing our home, our cars, everything but our kids and clothes.. and they didn’t give a damn.. just making an example of the dissident…

Unions should be illegal, they exist to bully and extort, and they do all of that with a smile.

mark81150 on November 27, 2013 at 1:57 AM

mark81150 on November 27, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Now I know why I got that look from the Steward when I wouldn’t sign the card. Got nailed by the Company (ATT Mobility) for a small outage I caused, and instead of the usual verbal, written, final warning… steps of discipline, they went full on Final warning, 3 days suspension without pay and 0ne year probation. CWA talked a good talk, but they did squat. In telecom, CWA anywhere but the northeast, means “Company wins Again”.

But they do love getting my dues. I’m cutting that off in April’14.

44Magnum on November 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM

If it was a Federal Employee Union, you would still have a job. Maybe even a promotion.

Sabercat2 on November 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

“The tapeworms care about all intestines.”

S. D. on November 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM

They’ve destroyed American manufacturing & it’s craftsmen. They’re like a cancer who just grows & eats away until there’s nothing left.

RdLake on November 29, 2013 at 2:56 AM

And that’s why they destroyed Detroit, Boeing left Washington & International Havester has mostly disappeared

RdLake on November 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Top Pick

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

Top Pick

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful