Awful: VA Democrat gravely wounded in home attack, son killed – UPDATE: Attempted murder/suicide?
posted at 10:45 am on November 19, 2013 by Guy Benson
Thoughts and prayers to the family of Virginia State Senator Creigh Deeds. This is horrific:
A Virginia state senator was seriously injured early Tuesday in an assault that occurred at his house in Bath County, west of Charlottesville. A second person inside the home was found dead, according to Virginia State Police. The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported that Sen. Creigh Deeds was stabbed and critically injured and that the dead person is his son, Gus, who suffered a gunshot wound.
Deeds was the Democratic nominee for governor in 2009. No details have yet emerged on possible suspects or motives. Authorities will hold a press conference later today.
UPDATE – Horrible:
New info MT- @JulieCareyNBC: State Police say after stabbing his father, Deeds’ son killed himself in Bath County.
— Ryan Nobles (@ryanobles) November 19, 2013
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation