New way to settle neighborly disputes: cannon fire
posted at 4:31 pm on November 18, 2013 by Katie Pavlich
Well, here’s a creative and historic way to settle a feud between neighbors.
Authorities say a western New York man has been charged with harassment for repeatedly firing an unloaded Civil War cannon at the homes of his neighbors.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office says 52-year-old Brian Malta fired the cannon at neighboring homes in the rural town of Kiantone, on the Pennsylvania border 60 miles south of Buffalo.
Deputies say the cannon was fired with only a powder charge and wadding. Police confiscated the cannon.
Officials say Malta had an ongoing dispute with his neighbors, but no details were released.
Where do you buy a cannon? At the cannon superstore of course.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation