Green Room

New way to settle neighborly disputes: cannon fire

posted at 4:31 pm on November 18, 2013 by

Well, here’s a  creative and historic way to settle a feud between neighbors.

Authorities say a western New York man has been charged with harassment for repeatedly firing an unloaded Civil War cannon at the homes of his neighbors.

The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office says 52-year-old Brian Malta fired the cannon at neighboring homes in the rural town of Kiantone, on the Pennsylvania border 60 miles south of Buffalo.

Deputies say the cannon was fired with only a powder charge and wadding. Police confiscated the cannon.

Officials say Malta had an ongoing dispute with his neighbors, but no details were released.

Where do you buy a cannon? At the cannon superstore of course.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

The first time he pointed that thing at my house, I’d be making a pre-emptive shot with my AR – and it sure as he11 wouldn’t be powder only.
How am I supposed to know he’s only got powder in his weapon?

dentarthurdent on November 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Maybe he’s just an avid AC/DC fan saluting those of his neighbors who are about to rock.

Christien on November 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Christien on November 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Great line !

Jeff2161 on November 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

He just really, really liked the 1812 Overture. Playing it real loud. With an uncommonly authentic fervor. Even for a fan.

…and thought to share a bit with his neighbors.

How was he to know they were musical cretins?

davisbr on November 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

How am I supposed to know he’s only got powder in his weapon?

dentarthurdent on November 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I’d get a bigger cannon.

HiJack on November 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM

You never ever point a gun at someone (and a cannon is really just a big gun.) Even if you know it’s unloaded. I have no patience for this crap.

rbj on November 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

lmao “The police confiscated the cannon”

alwaysfiredup on November 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM

lmao “The police confiscated the cannon”

alwaysfiredup on November 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I’ll bet they’re trying to figure out how to use it for no knock raids…

dentarthurdent on November 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Christien on November 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

IF that’s what he had in mind, I would have been willing to bring the stereo and beer and play a little air guitar while he fires the cannon.

Buuuuut, I don’t get the impression he was that much fun…

dentarthurdent on November 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM