Mary Landrieu in ’09: You bet I’ll take 100% responsibility for Obamacare’s outcomes
posted at 11:22 am on November 15, 2013 by Guy Benson
Via America Rising, an exchange that should find its way into a boatload of attack ads next year. Gold:
QUESTION: “My question would be about accountability. Would you be willing to accept 100% responsibility, 100% accountability for the failure or success of whatever you vote for?”
LANDRIEU: “I do, already, because that’s what I do every election. I mean I, you all have to…when I run for reelection you say to me ‘Senator we like what you’ve done we voted for you, we don’t like what you’ve done we voted against you.’”
Landrieu’s concept of ‘accountability’ apparently involves pushing a piece of 13th-hour, ass-covering, counter-productive legislation that would ostensibly “fix” an issue she explicitly voted to ignore back when she could have actually made a difference. How does that definition suit you, Louisianans? And lest you need any extra motivation to send this contemptible woman packing:
Responding to criticisms that she was taking the action to protect herself politically, Landrieu said of Republicans: “These guys will make up anything — always have. And I’ve beat them every time, and I intend to do it again.”
She also intended to run on Obamacare next year. Things can change in a hurry, Mary.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation