Green Room

Mary Landrieu in ’09: You bet I’ll take 100% responsibility for Obamacare’s outcomes

posted at 11:22 am on November 15, 2013 by

Via America Rising, an exchange that should find its way into a boatload of attack ads next year.  Gold:

QUESTION: “My question would be about accountability. Would you be willing to accept 100% responsibility, 100% accountability for the failure or success of whatever you vote for?”

LANDRIEU: “I do, already, because that’s what I do every election. I mean I, you all have to…when I run for reelection you say to me ‘Senator we like what you’ve done we voted for you, we don’t like what you’ve done we voted against you.’”

Landrieu’s concept of ‘accountability’ apparently involves pushing a piece of 13th-hour, ass-covering, counter-productive legislation that would ostensibly “fix” an issue she explicitly voted to ignore back when she could have actually made a difference.  How does that definition suit you, Louisianans?  And lest you need any extra motivation to send this contemptible woman packing:

Responding to criticisms that she was taking the action to protect herself politically, Landrieu said of Republicans: “These guys will make up anything — always have. And I’ve beat them every time, and I intend to do it again.”

She also intended to run on Obamacare next year.  Things can change in a hurry, Mary.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Who are the top potential opponents from the GOP side? This hag is ripe to be plucked from the Senate tree, but the GOP needs a decent opponent. And I don’t mean a KingGold-approved centrist-squish.

Bitter Clinger on November 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM

BYE!

youknowit on November 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Well, open wide, B!tch!

Thomas More on November 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Bitter Clinger on November 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Congressman Bill Cassidy….who’s donated to Landrieu in the past.

However, there’s Rob Maness, who is an actual conservative but hardly no name recognition.

Lay-Z on November 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Congressman Bill Cassidy….who’s donated to Landrieu in the past.

Lay-Z on November 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Lovely about Cassidy. A McCain-cross-the-aisle type. Blech!!

Hopefully, Maness can generate some cash and work on that recognition problem. As I said, Landrieu is ready to be taken down.

Bitter Clinger on November 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM

an exchange that should find its way into a boatload of attack ads next year.

Should… but will it?

I don’t trust the NRSC.

mankai on November 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM

What really bugs me is that the WRNO 99.5 guys don’t even want to give Maness. Yet they’ve given Cassidy plenty of airtime. Their excuse: They just want someone to beat Landrieu, even if its Landrieu Light. Might as well have her brother run for senate.

Lay-Z on November 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Oops…meant to say they don’t want to give Maness the time of day.

Lay-Z on November 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Can’t wait to do my part to rid the senate of this POS.

LickyLicky on November 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM

gerrym51 on November 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM

…she obviously…wants to stay belly up …at the trough!

KOOLAID2 on November 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Can’t wait to do my part to rid the senate of this POS.

LickyLicky on November 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Just for you then as a reward. ; )

Bmore on November 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM

She reminds me of Miss Piggy.

virgo on November 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM