Green Room

Civil war: MSNBC attacks Bill Clinton over Obamacare comments

posted at 11:12 am on November 14, 2013 by

It’s ugly behind the scenes, and it’s ugly on the air.  Krystal Ball:

“If there was a way under the law that you could make this work so that people could keep the thing that they wanted to keep, he would do it,” she continued. “The problem is this whole law was designed to have as little disruption as possible. This was the minimum amount of disruption possible…Bill Clinton is basically engaging in magical thinking here,” Ball declared. “That you can just snap your fingers and say, ‘Go ahead guys. Keep what you got.’ It doesn’t work that way.

Ah, but that’s what people were repeatedly promised — and Senate Democrats unanimously refused to address this inevitable problem in 2010.  Lots and lots of “magical thinking” going on these days, it would seem.  Ed Schultz got in on the Bubba-bashing action, too.  Delicious:

Clinton’s ‘permission slip’ interview led to the dam bursting.  Screaming about it may be cathartic for Big Ed, but it changes nothing.  Rant away, bro.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

GOP vs Tea Party
Dem vs ??? (Is it based on clan?)

Oil Can on November 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM

During the 2008 primary MSNBC was Obama campaign headquarters. Tweety got his big break as a Clinton hater during the Lewinsky scandal.

Anybody who thinks Hillary will cake-walk into the 2016 nomination is choomin’ hard.

myiq2xu on November 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I just know that whatever Nazi Pelousy is going to have a presser over this afternoon will be a major buzzkill but dayam! I’m enjoying the he// out of all of these stories of Dems eating their own. Schadenfreude, so much schadenfreude!

neyney on November 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM

With Shrillary looming as the potential dem nominee the Clinton’s have more to offer fellow libs than an increasingly burdensome obozo.

Flange on November 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM

“That you can just snap your fingers and say, ‘Go ahead guys. Keep what you got.’ It doesn’t work that way.”

Shhh. No one tell Krystal Ball about President Boyfriends press conference today. She will lose it.

Abiss on November 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I was in Asheville once.
Was headed to Knoxville, but a rock slide had closed the road.
I decided to check out the town, so I went to check in.
The motel clerk merrily informed me that obozo was coming the next day.
And that is why I went to Johnson City, Tennessee.

Flange on November 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Hyper-leftist fascist Dems vs. Regular leftists Dems?

That’s all I got, bro.

Turtle317 on November 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

GOP vs Tea Party
Dem vs ??? (Is it based on clan?)

Oil Can on November 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Wrong quote… dang.

Hyper leftist… well you got it above.

Turtle317 on November 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Ha Ha! – Nelson Muntz

22044 on November 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

hahahahaha

After today’s speech, Krystal Ball just changed her name to Krystal Meth.

faraway on November 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM

After today’s speech, Krystal Ball just changed her name to Krystal Meth.

faraway on November 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I’m stealing that!

Maddie on November 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Clinton has a long enough memory to recall that MSNBC’s hosts were perfectly happy to throw the race card at him in conjunction with Team Obama during the 2008 South Carolina primary. So I don’t think he’s going to lose any sleep over Ed or Krystal going after him now.

jon1979 on November 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Why are we supposed to care what Krystal Ball thinks about, well, anything? I only know who her as a failed candidate who was mocked when some pics came to light during the campaign. The bar at MSNBC to get on TV is awfully low.

changer1701 on November 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM

MSNBC has gone whole hog for the far left. Its new ads imply that it never heard of the current scandal and failures of its hero. It’s still living in the 2008 election when it looked like progressivism had finally triumphed, and it’s not about to budge.

flataffect on November 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

changer1701 on November 14, 2013 at 4:01 P

M

I had no idea who Krystal Ball was when I read the post. I looked her up because you mentioned pictures. Thanks, I remember her now.

hump1201 on November 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I am not sure where that M came from. Here’s comment 1 zillion about “I wish there was an edit button.”

hump1201 on November 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Ahh, the intoxicating aroma of blue-on-blue in the morning…

JetBoy on November 15, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I find it amusing that there is someone at MSNBC that goes by the name Krystal Ball. Man, how totally unself-aware…

Big John on November 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Who knew Bill Clinton was such a racist?

CrustyB on November 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Easy Dems, on the Bill bashing. I’m starting to see some racism here. Don’t you recall that Clinton was the “first black president”?

TarheelBen on November 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I love the smell of scha-den-freude in the morning!

Yeaaaaaah!!!

Conservchik on November 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM

…I’m telling Oprah!

KOOLAID2 on November 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Magical thinking!

Heh.

Every one of the liberal shit-eating bastards can own this meltdown.

They do own it no matter the phony distance they try to put between themselves and The Jugeared Jesus.

OWN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hillbillyjim on November 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

P.S. Don’t you just love the apologists who get on the boobtube and try to convince you that once every thing is in place, it’s gonna be super-fantastic and all of the young folks are going to flock to this gigantic rip-off?

Holy Magical Thinking, Batman!

hillbillyjim on November 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM

P.P.S

Dear Darlings at the IRS.

Don’t bother.

You cannot get blood out of a turnip.

hillbillyjim on November 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Well, they went from liberals to progressives.

What’s the new narrative for the Clinton machine?

plutorocks on November 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Liberals trying to ‘Out-Lib’ one another.
Fun to watch.